PayPal IPN keeps on delaying [AGAIN]

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

About 2-3 days ago, we did experience a significant IPN delay, which affected us so badly. Fortunately, the issue was resolved after around 8 hours. Today, again, the IPN delay issue started happening again, which is very frustrating. Does anyone know why this issue is keep happening and any solution to fix it?

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have the same issue? Please share it here. Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too

hmoorefd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is happening again. Various others have posted in other threads.

PayPal is sticking their head in the sand like and ostrich and saying nothing about it....

Status page says all is operational when it clearly is not...

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I kept looking at their status page, all green, which is not true. It's causing a lot of damage to our work. Can someone please notify PayPal to have a look at this issue?

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

I have a very long list of retryings...

Login to Me Too

motointegrator
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue since 28.09.2023.
On 29.09.2023 around 10:05 CEST it start working again and it worked almost for whole weekend. On 02.10.2023 problem came back and it continues to now. Yesterday we get from paypal's support only note that they getting timeouts from our system.
During this nigth our firewall did not registed any incoming IPN to our IPN listener (between 0:30 and 7:00 am) - but we received payments from clients. In the IPN History in our paypal account I found an IPN created at 2:53AM which was in RETRYING state and repeated 12 times already with no successs (no HTTP Responce Code provided).

At the moment we have over 1.2k of IPN in retrying state. Few mins ago I just received short statement from paypal's support:

"This issue has been escalated to the correct team and they are working to get this sorted."

motointegrator_0-1696340764032.png

Login to Me Too

hmoorefd
Contributor
Contributor

I have a replica of your case. Hopefully someone is on it, and they stop blaming our servers for being unresponsive.

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

@motointegrator thank you for sharing. I'm having EXACTLY the same issue. We first seen it on 29th of September. The issue lasted for almost 12 hours then everything worked perfectly. Till today, exactly the same issue happened and we have a VERY LONG list of retrying and a VERY LONG list of complains. PayPal, please do something.

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

@hmoorefd 

We thought that our IPN listener has a problem at first. Then we copied the message generated by PayPal, then use it to request to our IPN listener and all works. Don't know why all docs that I could find on the internet blame the IPN listener.

Login to Me Too

gagans2k
Contributor
Contributor

We have Hong Kong based account.

We have 6 websites that had been working since years.

From Sept 19th 3 of websites stopped receiving IPN .

IT was like paypal systems had blocked IPN to some Domain names , as via IP we could test IPN using Simulator.

Paypal had been telling us that , they had no issues.

until we recreated  and shared logs .

today , URLs which were not receiving IPN , while ones which uses to receive stopped receiving . 

One is now delaying IPN

While Simulator works for both live and sandbox .

So, a lot wrong is happening at IPN level from last 2 weeks and they are still not acknowledging and fixing it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.