PayPal IPN keeps on delaying [AGAIN]

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

About 2-3 days ago, we did experience a significant IPN delay, which affected us so badly. Fortunately, the issue was resolved after around 8 hours. Today, again, the IPN delay issue started happening again, which is very frustrating. Does anyone know why this issue is keep happening and any solution to fix it?

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

hmoorefd
Contributor
Contributor

The worst part is that the regular Webhooks from the Rest APIs which can also be configured to receive events ARE working, and they are using the SAME IPs that were being used by the IPNs.

So clearly, it is not an issue with our IPs or domains being unresponsive, it has to do with some blocking or filtering at the IPN level that Paypal has introduced to its outgoing requests.

Roll it back PayPal and fix it!

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

I think PayPal just somehow not able to send IPN message to the IPN listener, the weird part here is, all docs (that I found) pointed to the IPN listener, which is definitely not right. We even copied the message generated by PayPal, then make a POST request to our IPN listener, see if it work and it's working perfectly. That means it's something very wrong from the IPN system, not with our IPN listener.

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

Weird, haven't heard anything like this but this definitely something proved that PayPal IPN system is not working properly.

Login to Me Too

gagans2k
Contributor
Contributor

It has nothing to do with IPN listerns.

We have been made to sit on this issue in a team for last 10 days.

Paypal initially said that server is Retrying.

While nothing reached us even in logs .

We recreate website and same issue.. ( Simulator)

We allocated another Domain name to same website and  IPN via simulator worked.

On same static IP by installing ssl for Public IP , again we were able to send IPN.

So, it was proven that they are blocking URLs.

today 2 of those domains started receiving IPN again and 2 of old working ones stopped.

Now from last 6 hours , all is down.  ( Retrying)

We had been telling them from a week to pass it on to level 2 tech support, as they have some kind of blocking introduced which is messing up.

So, guys even if in simulator you see failed , it is nothing to do at your end , but paypal.

We have tried everything on earth and sent us all info on saturday , with no reply till date.

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

@motointegrator Hi, can you please share an update for what you got from PayPal support? Thank you!

Login to Me Too

motointegrator
Contributor
Contributor

@Eric-Leunfortunately no update from paypal support since last message. The last one was:

motointegrator_0-1696350684878.png

I will let you know here as soon as I get anything from them.

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone please share an update?

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

@motointegrator thank you so much for the update as well as your kindness! Please keep update here if you have anything new from them.

Login to Me Too

hmoorefd
Contributor
Contributor

Update from PayPal:

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 18.38.16.png

Login to Me Too

Eric-Le
Contributor
Contributor

@hmoorefd thank you for the update. Please keep us posted on this. Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.