How do I delete Old Addresses from PayPal - My Profile

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

On the My Profile page... Address section... it shows my address... which I can "Update"...  and several other old addresses when I click on "Show More"... How do I Delete those other Addresses?

Those other addresses also show up in Ebay as linked from PayPal. I do not want those addresses to show up in PayPal or Ebay. I can only make them disappear from Ebay if I "UN-Link" my PayPal account from Ebay? Those addresses are stored in my PayPal Account and I want to delete them.

How do I delete other addresses in my PayPal account profile?

paypal addresses 1.jpg

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

chrissiemc101
New Community Member

vabor
New Community Member

Can I get rid of a few of my shipping addresses please? It's very annoying to see them all listed. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Brylee
New Community Member

I have been trying to talk to someone at Paypal for 24 hours.  I purchased an item on ebay and they contacted me and said my shipping address was Walmart in Dawsonville, GA.  Out of hundreds of purchases, i have had one item shipped to Walmart.  It was alternative address but you gave it to her it anyway.  I have had purchases after this one and they have all gone to the correct address.  I deleted every address except mine in my profile, but the seller says it still shows Walmart on hers.  HOW IN THE NAME OF HEAVEN CAN I DELETE THIS? Purchase was for fairies for $23.94.  I would like to have them before Christmas as they are tree ornaments for my great-granddaughter!

Login to Me Too

twistedautowork
New Community Member

yea so turns out i sent some packages to a now ex girlfriend 8 yrs ago and used my paypal account...  today, wife goes to pay for something and goes to change the shipping address...  didn't go over too well..  can you please delete these?  i found add address but no delete button.  I've got 4 address from my past residences i need to clear out so they don't get accidentally selected..  thanks

Login to Me Too

GUY6969
New Community Member

I want a DELETE BUTTON too!

Absurd to have to call in no matter how efficient support is.

If we can trust Paypal to take our money Paypal can trust us to manage our addresses ourselves.

Another vote for a DELETE BUTTON here.

Login to Me Too

jlslovesfood

I need to add this new address to my paypal account so items i purchase will be sent to the correct address

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jlslovesfood, and welcome to the forums!

Are you adding a US address to a US account? This should work as long as the address is valid and matches the address verification databases that are updated with USPS data every few months.

You can check the address at USPS.com. Go to Look up a Zip Code and enter your address. If it comes up with different abbreviations, or with the apartment number on a different line, or having some other minor difference from the way you've typed it, try entering that variation on PayPal.

Keep in mind that if it's a newer building, it may take a while for the verification databases to update so PayPal's system can add it.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tom46
New Community Member

As I said , how do I delete my home address from my profile? I have moved and just had a purchase shipped to my old address<

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi tom46, and welcome to the forums!

You can follow the steps in this article to edit your home address. Please bear in mind that if you have the address saved on eBay or other sites, you may need to edit it in their records as well.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ilovewyoming

CAN SOMEONE FROM PAYPAL PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION DIRECTLY AND CLEARLY ABOUT HOW WE CAN SEE AND DELETE ALL OF THESE SO-CALLED SHIPPING ADDRESSES?   THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Paypal, this is beyond irritating - it is bad code and unprofessional.  Please someone answer this thread with a complete thought process.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.