How do I delete Old Addresses from PayPal - My Profile

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Good Day! I hope you're enjoying a pleasant one.

On the My Profile page... Address section... it shows my address... which I can "Update"...  and several other old addresses when I click on "Show More"... How do I Delete those other Addresses?

Those other addresses also show up in Ebay as linked from PayPal. I do not want those addresses to show up in PayPal or Ebay. I can only make them disappear from Ebay if I "UN-Link" my PayPal account from Ebay? Those addresses are stored in my PayPal Account and I want to delete them.

How do I delete other addresses in my PayPal account profile?

paypal addresses 1.jpg

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

DollarsAndSense
Contributor
Contributor

Go to the Top of this Page and Click On "PayPal Home". Sign In and go to the Bottom of the Next Page... Click on "Contact Us"... Go down the page to Option 2... Click on "Call Us"... you will get a "Web Pin" number that's valid for 60 Minutes and the phone number to call.

I did the above and it went very smoothly. The PayPal support person was very helpful. Along with helping me to delete unwanted addresses... she converted my account back to a "Premier" account... it was a Business account from many years ago and had some eronious data within it.

Although very helpful... I still think there should be a "Delete" button to make it more User Friendly... easier, and quicker for the User... and for PayPal... it's gotta cost them time and money to have someone attend such calls... but then again... it does give someone a job...  and that's a good thing.

Login to Me Too

ofir
New Community Member

how do i change country on my adress,? i'm not in canada

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ofir, and welcome to the forums!

If your account is a Canadian account and you do not live in Canada, you will need to close your account and open an account in the correct country.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mechellecat3063
New Community Member

Well before I paid for the latest item that I have bought from E-Bay I made sure that I changed my address with PayPal and E-Bay both so it would be sent to my new address, but when I logged into my E-Bay account this evening at 11:00PM I checked to see when my item would be arriving at my home. Come to find out that it has been shipped to my old address and was to arrive there this morning. Now I am without my money and my Item. What am I to do???? I did not know that it did not take my old address off of my information and how was I to? there is nothing stating that you have to call to delete your old address off of your information. This just makes it more difficult for your users. and this is not the first time that this has happened. Back in April of this year happened to me as well that is why I made sure that I changed my address before I paid so it would not happen again, but it did!!!

Login to Me Too

gargoylegurl
New Community Member

THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME...but not with (1) item, (3) items!!! This problem most definitely needs to be resolved, I thought for sure there would be a "delete" button to get rid of old addresses.  Now, I have to figure out what to do in order to get my items, this is turning into a major nightmare! Thanks everyone, for letting me vent.  If you have any suggestions on what I can do, please respond to this thread. 

Login to Me Too

bldfoster

I'm about to give useing paypay if I can't find a way to get thouh this miss you have.

Login to Me Too

kearnine
New Community Member

This just happened to me, too. No Christmas stockings for us this year.  😞

We REALLY need a Delete button next to each address. It's ridiculous to have to call on the phone.

Login to Me Too

jlslovesfood

I need to add our other address in conway, arkansa but it won't let me pay for my item, why?

Login to Me Too

annies
New Community Member

So...Paypal Andy,  did you read the rest of this commentary and did you talk to your people?  Sounds like I am not the only one to have this issue.  Why isn't there a delete button for old addresses???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.