Changing shipping address

Jollyroger1721
Contributor
Contributor

Why when I have removed my shipping address like seven times does it keep sending purchase to my old address which magically re-appears? It's annoying that Paypal just keeps putting back the address that I keep deleting over and over then when I buy something boom, straight to old address. It's really really annoying that things must be shipped twice. It's costing me shipping, making the shipping take forever. Anyone know why Paypal is doing this????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Jollyroger1721-  Here's what I think is probably happening.  Depending on where you're shopping at (is it primarily eBay?), it sounds like our system is pulling over a 3rd party address.  This is an address on file with a merchant that you added to ship to; when you check out with PayPal our system is designed to pull that address over to make it easier on you...which is obviously failing in this case.  If you go into your eBay account (or whatever your account is with your merchant), you will more than likely find that address.  Once you remove it, you should be good.  You could also give us a call so we can review your PayPal account and make sure there's no hidden old addresses or anything.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Jollyroger1721-  Here's what I think is probably happening.  Depending on where you're shopping at (is it primarily eBay?), it sounds like our system is pulling over a 3rd party address.  This is an address on file with a merchant that you added to ship to; when you check out with PayPal our system is designed to pull that address over to make it easier on you...which is obviously failing in this case.  If you go into your eBay account (or whatever your account is with your merchant), you will more than likely find that address.  Once you remove it, you should be good.  You could also give us a call so we can review your PayPal account and make sure there's no hidden old addresses or anything.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Jollyroger1721
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. This indeed helped and I appriciate it much. I use Paypal for Ebay only (thus far) and it was indeed pulling over an old address from like 2 years ago I removed back when. Thanks again

Login to Me Too

paulbeynon

Hi There, I am on the other side of this same problem, we are the residents of a ebayers old address, they keep getting parcels delivered to their old address (our address) when they have changed all the details. Ebay were as helpful as saying, we can't do anything about it. What options do I have other than to Return to Sender?

Helllllllpppppp!!!!

Login to Me Too

Pppppphelp
New Community Member

Hello,

I have had the worst time with PAYPAL trying to change my personal information. I moved and have a new address and phone number. PP's antiquated system tries to use my old contact information(WHERE I CAN NO LONGER BE REACHED) to verify my new contact information. Is there a way to fix this without going to there HELPDESK where you sit on hold like a **bleep**ing 1970's customer service desk. "UNBELIEVABLE how crappy their service and website is in 2011."

Login to Me Too

lionlady1bunny
Contributor
Contributor

I'm dealing with the same nonsense...just ordered something off of ebay and they're shipping it to a 3 yr old address...no house there anymore. Please stop trying to new and improve everything and fix the problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.