Using Multiple prepaid Credit cards???

vivisaurus
New Community Member

Hey there!

So, here is my dilemma, I am looking to make an online purchase, I cannot use my bank account and I have no actual credit card...The purchase I am looking to make is over $200, and most prepaid credit cards are no more than $200.

So I was wondering if it was possible to get let's say a $200 card and a $25 card, add em' both to my paypal account and then make my purchase.... or will it try to make the purchase using only one card and then not work??

thanks for your help!!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

ProductiveStorm
Contributor
Contributor

You can go to a money mart and obtain a prepay CC that acts exactly like a CC. Don't use a gift card as it will just be a waste. The Prepay CC is reloadable and secured. 

Login to Me Too

janeybug
Contributor
Contributor
I aswell have that problem my item is 150$ I bought a prepaid 50$ & a 100$ card I hoped I could add them both if not I don't know what to do I live in Canada and I'm not stupid enough to have a credit card but my seller won't accept my echeck it has to be paid now or he will resell it 😞 please help. Ps. These were prepaid master cards
Login to Me Too

ProductiveStorm
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Just go to money mart and purchase a prepay CC not a gift card. And put the balance from those cards onto the new prepay reloadable card. You will lose a few bucks but thats better than wasting them.

Login to Me Too

ojibweguy
Contributor
Contributor

ok this is cool but to the people who don't have a moneymart in their town? and i do know that those moneymart prepaid cards come with some hefty monthly fees as well as the reloading fee is pretty high!

I had the same dillemma too because the prepaids are only 250 max here in my small city and tonight I bought a projector and it came to 247 with tax and shipping, 3 more dollars and i'd be **bleep**ed because the seller wants payment in 3 or 7 days and for an echeck it takes 8 or 9 .. why does it even take so long for an echeck had the whole paypal bank-to-paypal transfer time been alot better we wouldn't be wasting our money on other fees and losing out 2 or 8$ on a prepaid credit card because we can't find anything to buy online for that amount.

One answer I came upon, was to have the seller double invoice you .. is ask you for a 200 payment plus another payment for the difference .. i'm very interested in this option, I have heard of it but i've never seen it written just yet. Contact paypal and ask about this option, it will save you alot of headaches and the prepaid from any financial institutions ask for all kinds of ID .. idk why they need all of that, i had a problem earlier this year because i didn't have proper id so i couldn't get a prepaid/reloadable card! but like i said earlier, the rates are too much, it's like funding a second bank account! over the counter prepaid are cheaper to maintain and use!

Login to Me Too

ojibweguy
Contributor
Contributor

a prepaid card when used in conjunction with your paypal is secure ... i dont' know why you would use that "against" a prepaid card!

Login to Me Too

ojibweguy
Contributor
Contributor

i did forget to mention, that with a reloadable money mart card, it's not good if you're a blue moon ebay buyer, let's say;

you don't buy anything on ebay for 5 months, well that's 7.99 a month you're paying to maintain your reloadable credit card, $40 yeah on absolutely nothing, why would anyone want that?

try using the double invoice option, ask your seller to double invoice you.

I was hoping paypal would make it so that you can enter your prepaid credit card info and just upload that amount off your card to your paypal account! that way we won't have any problems with sellers not wanting to wait for an echeck!

Login to Me Too

Springhiler
Contributor
Contributor

Your suggestion of a Money Store PrePaid CC is very costly.. Most MSs charge $15 or more for the card.. one time cost because CC can be reloadable. A monthly fee of $7.50, I believe, and a transaction fee of  $2.50 for transaction.  Then that is for customers, you don t want to know the paperwork and prove they want to make you a customer.

Login to Me Too

ojibweguy
Contributor
Contributor

@Springhiler wrote:

Your suggestion of a Money Store PrePaid CC is very costly.. Most MSs charge $15 or more for the card.. one time cost because CC can be reloadable. A monthly fee of $7.50, I believe, and a transaction fee of  $2.50 for transaction.  Then that is for customers, you don t want to know the paperwork and prove they want to make you a customer.

I hope this wasn't directed at me, my idea was getting a prepaid card at 7-11 or a gas station, they charge about 3-7$ to activate and the monthly fee doesn't begin until 6 months after you activate it, online purchases costs $1 per transaction, I would strongly caution people against using money mart style prepaid's. They don't have a ceiling limit you can put on but at the same time it's costing you more than a banks monthly fee! Which in itself is insane how they can charge so much and yes the hidden fees are ridiculous, you'll quickly find yourself not wanting to make small purchases as there are 2.50 charges on those types of pre-loaded credit cards!

prepaid, only ones i use, they are either visa prepaid or mastercard prepaid, i prefer the visa as you can save your login info for anytime you want to go online and check the balance, with the vanilla mastercard you have to enter the 16 digit card # as well as the expiry and the 4 digit csv each and every time you want to log in to see your card info.

Login to Me Too

Springhiler
Contributor
Contributor

No Ojibweguy... Qua-Qua...(Ojibway for Hello)  The information I posted  was toward PayPal readers considering using a Prepaid Credit Card. 

I just discovered today that the MoneyMart (store) uses Mastercard Freedom and they charge $16 a month for the next 2 months even if you don't use it. I asked about it and my account was -$38 establing another method of charging more.

Another problem I have encountered is that of PayPal not being able to valicate certain Prepaid Credit Card.  Vanilla Mastercard I bought just says Can't Validate .. Please load another Credit Card... Yes.. my wallet is full of them.. haha... Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.