?

kris123kris1
Contributor
Contributor

i am trying to buy something only for a game, and paypal said something about invalid card, im using a mastercard prepaid credit card. 4 times this didint work and said the same thing. i look a the prepaid mastercard website to my card, and it has made 4 payments of 1.03$ to paypal without my consern. im sueing paypal unless i get my money back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Any time credit or debit card information is entered, altered, edited, or changed in PayPal, that information has to be verified with the card issuer in order for the change to take place. The credit card industry has a pre-approved method for merchants to verify this information - the $1.00 temporary charge (often known as a pre-authorization).

These charges are not permanent, and will never become permanent, though they are absolutely necessary to confirm card information. This is done to ensure the safety and security of every member who uses our services.

The $1.00 charge is released back to your card balance after a period of time determined by the card issuer themselves, not by PayPal.

For example, PayPal has their own brand of debit card in the US. When we receive a $1.00 pre-authorization from a merchant on our own card, we automatically release them on day five after the charge was placed. Your card issuer may have different policies regarding when they release, however, so you'll want to check with them as to how long they will remain.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.