not a merchant

Lané
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I opened this PayPal account because my family in Canada want to send money to my pregnant daughter bi-weekly

the first payment has been made but PayPal says it's on hold - and that I need to send shipping information to get it released quicker

How do I change my profile so I don't show as a merchant?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lané 

Sadly I don't think you have the friends/family option in your country so all payments are received as for goods/services regardless of account type.

If you mark the transaction as 'shipped' the sender 'may' get the option to confirm receipt, if they do have and use that option then funds should get released more quickly, but not guaranteed.

Why not look into using xoom instead?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lané 

Sadly I don't think you have the friends/family option in your country so all payments are received as for goods/services regardless of account type.

If you mark the transaction as 'shipped' the sender 'may' get the option to confirm receipt, if they do have and use that option then funds should get released more quickly, but not guaranteed.

Why not look into using xoom instead?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lané
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much

I went to my local bank and they showed me to mark my transaction as a virtual service

My money should show within the next 3-5 working days

Thank  you so much for your help  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.