Why has PayPal issued a refund without my consent and without the ebay case being closed?

D84P
Contributor
Contributor
The item i shipped is still in transit, i informed the buyer of this and provided him with a tracking number. He opened a case with eBay. Neither PayPal nor eBay informed me that they were going to/had issued the refund and it isn't showing on my PayPal activity. My PayPal account is in a negative balance and i cant afford to lose that much. I know that i need to contact the shipping company but i am so f***ing annoyed.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@D84P 

Because the tracking number shows the shipment is "in-transit", not "delivered" so it closes the case and refunds the buyer because they did not receive the goods. If you later discover that the package is delivered according to the tracking number, contact PayPal to re-open the case.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

D84P
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. The item being in transit isn't my fault, it's the shipping companies. I'm mostly annoyed at the fact no one informed me of the refund happening. So now i have to transfer the amount to put it right, meaning ive lost the money I got from selling the item. The shipping company and ebay better give me my money back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.