*URGENT* 14 days no money - trace needed - how does this work?

jamesM1993
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys 

So im a big paypal user always have been, all our family is, but this is the first issue ive ever had with them. 13 days ago I withdrew money to my bank and its still not there. Its been so stressful and hectic and ive had to miss commitments cos of this. I understand modern tech is prone to some flaws here and there but 13 days is really long and bank says nothing pending (I paid for other things in the mean time with paypal and its all on statement). So now I have to do a trace. What does a trace entail, how does this work, has anyone ever been in this position before? It's only out of interest that I am asking because I want to carry on using paypal after this debacle is over, but I have a few trust issues now. Has anyone ever had their money take 14 days or longer or has anyone ever had to get a 'trace' to see what happened to it? If so, how long did that take, and how long did it take for you to get your funds back? Cheers , all replies are really, really welcome (from a stressed out guy!)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamesM1993 

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamesM1993
Contributor
Contributor

United Kingdom.

That's irrelevant though, im asking if anyone has any info/feedback on being in this situation (14 days, no money, having to initiate a trace, etc)...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamesM1993 

Well its not irrelevant as different countries have differing withdrawal times and some can't withdraw to a bank account at all.

Also a country is needed so advice can be given on the best contact options for your trace.

But I take your point and won't bother you again with silly irrelavent questions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.