link my card please

gader
Contributor
Contributor

hi my card is prepaid digital visa and is new and active with enough money but i cant link it the result i get like this

Your card was declined by the card issuer. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions.

card issuer said that i've no problems and i should be able to use it

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @gader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. To help protect your account, we use a complex screening process for card payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen cards from being used in our system. On rare occasions, the screening process affects valid cards.

A card might also be declined if:

• The card issuer is having technical problems that prevent authorisation of a transaction.
  • The card issuer sees a charge that doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns and blocks the transaction to protect you.
  • You’ve inadvertently exceeded the limit on your card.

If you know that your card is valid but your payment doesn’t go through, you might want to:

• Contact your card issuer directly. Ask why your card was declined, and whether you can still use it. If you can still use your card, please try your transaction again.
  • Pay securely online using your bank account. You can link your bank account to your PayPal account in just a few minutes. The merchant never sees your financial or other personal information.
  • Add a different card to your PayPal account.

If that is not the case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gader 

Is the card registered at the card website under same name and billing address as on PayPal account?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

gader
Contributor
Contributor

yes same name but not sure about billing address cause i did update it to be exact in both before asking help here

Edit:  yes i just checked and tried but same problem

thanks for reacting

Login to Me Too

gader
Contributor
Contributor

now it says:

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.

Login to Me Too

gader
Contributor
Contributor

still the same today
is it really matter of time or something  bad happened to my account?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @gader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. To help protect your account, we use a complex screening process for card payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen cards from being used in our system. On rare occasions, the screening process affects valid cards.

A card might also be declined if:

• The card issuer is having technical problems that prevent authorisation of a transaction.
  • The card issuer sees a charge that doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns and blocks the transaction to protect you.
  • You’ve inadvertently exceeded the limit on your card.

If you know that your card is valid but your payment doesn’t go through, you might want to:

• Contact your card issuer directly. Ask why your card was declined, and whether you can still use it. If you can still use your card, please try your transaction again.
  • Pay securely online using your bank account. You can link your bank account to your PayPal account in just a few minutes. The merchant never sees your financial or other personal information.
  • Add a different card to your PayPal account.

If that is not the case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

gader
Contributor
Contributor

the problem is still the same I cant link my valid visa card .... please do something

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.