Withdrawal still pending after 72 hours

Paulo1963
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am new to PayPal as someone reccommended it was a faster way to receive payments. I won some money which the company paid to PayPal on same day however I withdrew to my bank account on Saturday at 8am it's now Tuesday at 8am and it still says pending. I have bills to pay and want my money. PayPal have the worst customer service no live chat to discuss your issues I wish my friend had kept her recommendations to herself fuming is an understatement. PayPal are a disgusting dishonest company that use others money to gain interest its legal theft. DISGUSTING however even as I am writing this I know it will be ignored by PayPal

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Keith01
Contributor
Contributor

Snap! I'v been using PayPal for many years with no problems but I also withdrew money on Saturday and it's still not in my bank account. Usually it's in within 2 hours or almost instantly but not this time. Like you I cannot find a direct number to talk to anyone, just a stupid drop down list which doesn't help. If paypal are reading these posts - come on give us your number !!!

Login to Me Too

jenny50
Contributor
Contributor

I have been waiting for my payments since the 6th, I have customers waiting for me to post items, I have just spent another 20 minutes on the phone to Pay Pal to complain about this (08003587911) and had to almost wring the girls neck to get her to give me a straight answer. Apparently there is either a "system upgrade" or a "glitch in the system" I couldn't hold her down to which it actually was, absolutely useless, I am sitting here with £3.20 in my bank account because I have paid for the postage of so many customers items ! We should have been informed IMMEDIATELY if they had a "bug" as yesterdays girl said. I am personally going to be asking for interest for every day my money is still in their account. I am so angry this morning GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

Login to Me Too

Paulo1963
Contributor
Contributor
Did they suggest when this will be sorted or if we have to do anything thanks
Login to Me Too

Keith01
Contributor
Contributor

Just got off the phone to a representative and apparently they know there is a problem but said if money not in bank in 72 hours to ring back! . I told them that wasn't good enough but was told it's the best they can offer at this time.

Login to Me Too

jenny50
Contributor
Contributor

After dragging it out of her, the girl finally told me that they are working on fixing the problem and we don't have to do anything.

Login to Me Too

Scotsbhoy1967
Contributor
Contributor
Can you tell us did you eventually get the funds? How long did it take in the end ?
Login to Me Too

Lilpeep1
Did they ever give you your money I am suffering the same circumstance.
Login to Me Too

kjlondry
New Community Member
I am unable to withdraw my money for 72 hours. How is this legal? Give me my money or pay me interest for everyday you dont give it to me.
Login to Me Too

catkin1969
New Community Member

On  October 27, 2019 (last Monday), I sent $1,300 from my Paypal account to my Debit Card account which is verified by Paypal. My account went into 72 hours Pending. On Thursday the $1,300 cleared. Again, I sent another $2,300 (Friday Morning) from my Paypal account to the same Debit Card account. Immediately, my account went into Pending. I contact Paypal customer service and get the same BS about security issues. I asked Paypal how is it possible for security issues to be an issue when the money if coming out of my Paypal account to my Debit card account which was verified by Paypal when I added the card. It is apparent the Paypal system is bugged and they refuse to fix it. According to online research information, this is a recurring problem with Paypal which they did not address. How is it possible that such a billion-dollar corporation (Paypal) cannot resolve such a simple issue? Such a simple reoccurring issue! Again, I have to wait another 72 hours. A friend of mine mentioned to me that he ditched his Paypal account due to the 72 hours issue and frustration with Paypal for Cashapp. I am going to try it out and send feedback.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.