When people send me money, it auto converts to CAD. Can I make sure it auto converts to USD instead?

moldysandals
Contributor
Contributor

When people send me money, they are able to select which currency I receive it in, but it always auto converts whatever currency they send into CAD. I would like it to auto convert to USD, how can I do this? The sender has the option to select which currency I receive. So by default it's set to "send as CAD" but they can select "send as USD" which I want to be the default. When I forget to mention this, I have to refund the sender and ask them to resend because they didn't notice the auto conversion.

I have a 78 USD balance and have made USD "primary" which I thought would accomplish what I had in mind, but it does not.

14813a729ee3c2ccde0f88b91a828129.png

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moldysandals 

You can create PayPal buttons and/or export as email link in USD, send PayPal invoice or send a money request all in USD if sender can't remember to switch to USD. 

Your primary balance is your default currency. Your default currency is used to send and request payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

moldysandals
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. Is it CAD just because I live and Canada and there's no way to change the default?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moldysandals 

Your primary currency is used to send and request payments. But to receive USD currency (since your account is CAN), you'll need to create a USD currency balance independent of the currency of your primary balance. Keep in mind, when you withdraw to bank, PayPal will convert to CAD. Can't withdraw it in USD, even to a USD currency account in your CAN bank account.

To create a USD currency balance, go to Wallet and click Balance and then click Add Currency and select USD

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.