What is "Collateral Reserve"?

deimantasbrand
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! 

I got this message from Paypal which I don't quite understand (the "Collateral" part): 

paypalas.png

Can anyone please explain this to me? PLEASE do not advise to contact support, since I've tried to contact them around 12 times (I counted) and each time I got a completely, completely different response, no useful information, no specific dates, nothing at all. 

What I need here is just clarification, when I will get another review, and when I could expect this amount of money to be released. 

P.S. Also, as per my email, I do not see this "Reserves" option anywhere in my account, so I cannot find it. 

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deimantasbrand 

Can't see the image as it has not been approved yet.

Please read these articles for your region:

https://www.paypal.com/lt/smarthelp/article/what-are-reserves-faq2371

https://www.paypal.com/lt/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-money-being-held-in-reserve-faq688

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

deimantasbrand
Contributor
Contributor

I'm aware of these articles, but I there should (and must) be a specific answer and timerange when this reserve will be removed, or at least when I get another review. It should be a specific date not "someday in January", etc. 

I got this reserve on 13th of December and this is what it says (from the screenshot): 

- Rolling Reserve: 20% of the funds you receive each day will be held for 45 days in your 'pending balance' and will be added to your 'available balance' for your use or withdrawal after this period has elapsed. This process will continue on a daily basis. This rolling reserve will be eligible for review 180 days from the date of this email.

👉 - Collateral Reserve: The collateral reserve amount of: $ x USD has been applied temporarily to your account. This amount will be eligible for review if the above reserve will build up the amount of  $ x .

So what is the time-range for this reserve, and when I will be able for a next review. People need specific day, as we're dealing with money. Banks do have these holds as well, but they provide a specific time-frames when is when.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.