What happened to the Manage Currencies link

steveg242
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe I'm blind but suddenly I can no longer find the "Manage Currencies" link.  If I want to put some money into my euro balance, for example, it was easy, just click on "Manage Currencies" and make the exchange.  I logged in today and I can't find the link anywhere.  Has the layout changed?  How do I get to that now?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steveg242

Click on 'details' next to your paypal balance and manage currencies is on the list on the right.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

steveg242
Contributor
Contributor

I see payment methods on the left hand side, on the right hand side I see:
Paypal Balance

Transfer Money

a list of currencies

Add a Currency

and that's it.  No manage currencies link.  Maybe a temporary problem?  Maybe it will correct itself later.  But any time I can't find something I wonder if there was some sort of layout change.

Login to Me Too

steveg242
Contributor
Contributor

Aha, I see.  They did change it.  You now have to click on the : to the right of the currency and go from there.  Tricky.  Probably because I am used to the way it used to be but I liked it the old way better.

Login to Me Too

@steveg242  If by ":" you mean the 3 vertical dots to the right of each currency amount, clicking on any of those does not seem to help.

When I click any of them, I get a sub-menu:

Make Primary

Convert Currency

Close Currency

Neither of these sub-menu links allows me to transfer funds between currencies like the now-vanished "manage currencies" link used to.

This seems to be a very recent and unfortunate change.

Login to Me Too

steveg242
Contributor
Contributor

@DeveloperDrone : yes, the 3 vertical dots.  So if you're looking to convert currencies, that's where you get to it, through that sub menu.  Way harder to find than the link if you don't know to look for it.

Login to Me Too

mrmat01
Contributor
Contributor

Your Lucky I don't even get the Convert Currency all I get is 

Make Primary 

Close Currency

Nothing else.

I wish they would just stop stuffing with a perfectly good website. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrmat01

Currency conversions is only on business accounts now i believe.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bella090411
New Community Member
Good for you. You have those. Mine only shows view detals and nothing more. I guess u need to convert first to the currency you want to use before you can withdraw money
Login to Me Too

@kernowlass Thanks for your suggestion, but it doesn't seem work to for me.

I see no "details" link to right of my balance.

There is a "more" link, though.  Clicking on it leads to a page that shows all currencies balances.  But this page does not seem to provide a means of transferring funds between currency balances. [Neither the "Transfer money" link or any other link on this page seems to allow this.]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.