Unable to convert currency

paul3099
Contributor
Contributor

For the past 10 days I have been getting the error message 'We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later.' when trying to convert a small amount of US dollars to UK pounds. I get as far as clicking the 'Convert Now' button before the error message appears. I've tried different browsers Chrome and Firefox but get same error message. Anybody else getting the same problem?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

pasc88
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, I'm trying to convert from AUD to USD, tried different browsers and also deleted cache/data.

Login to Me Too

paul3099
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers pasc88 - have contacted paypal customer support who advised that I need to clear cache and cookies and try again in 24 hours. Have already done that but I did it again and am still getting same error message. Will have to go back to paypal customer support again tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

ashinscribblela
Contributor
Contributor

Did this ever get cleared up? When I spoke to them they said they were aware of the issue and were working on it. They said they'd email me when it was fixed... have yet to hear from them. I've continued to try it with no luck. 

Login to Me Too

paul3099
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ashinscribblela - Unfortunately I'm still waiting for an update from paypal. I was told my problem would be escalated up to management and they would be in touch but that was a few days ago. Hopefully you have better luck than me. 

Login to Me Too

pasc88
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still having this problem. 😐

Login to Me Too

Eshekieri
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I was also experiencing this problem but stumbled upon a fix for this. If you have any funds in USD, convert them to GBP first, then convert the GBP to USD. It worked for me. it works even if you just have 0.75 USD. convert them to GBP or any other currency and you will be good to go.

Login to Me Too

karriesmatic
Contributor
Contributor

@Eshekieri This does not work for me. Tried multiple currencies, too. Still the same error.

Login to Me Too

TK_03
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently facing the same problem. Do you have any updates on the situation?

Login to Me Too

coatedpill
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to convert last April 10 but today I can't . So this is new to me though an old issue to others . Hopefully it will be resolved soon because I can't convert currency today too .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.