Transaction went through but money still in my bank account

Veryduci
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone. I made a payment yesterday morning using my bank account. The problem is that I forgot to move the money from my savings to my account so the funds were not enough. I transferred the money as soon as I realized that, which it was after work so around midnight. The transaction went through anyway in the morning and I got my e-ticket, my PayPal receipt and the flight company receipt. I contacted them and they told me the flights are booked and confirmed. But the money is still in my bank account and the bank doesn't see the PayPal transaction in my statement. Does anyone know if PayPal will try to withdraw the money again?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Veryduci 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Veryduci 

The transaction listed as "Complete" in your PayPal account activity? Not in Pending status and as temporary authorization at all? Don't move the money that's in the bank for the ticket and/or keep at least keep that amount in the bank account. Could be some lag/delay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Veryduci
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker Thank you for the replay. Yes, the transaction is listed as completed but nothing is shown in my bank account and the flight company received the payment. It sounds weird but I honestly don't know how PayPal works. I won't move the money at all, hopefully everything will be sorted soon. Thank you again.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Veryduci 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Veryduci
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thank you very much for the reply. So for what I understand basically everything is ok with my payment. The fact that it hasn't been suspended or refused was weird to me because I paid without having money but the company still received it. That's the first time that something like this happens to me. Anyway, I will leave the amount for the tickets I my bank account and see what happens in the next couples of days. Thank so much again.
Login to Me Too

sstolle
Contributor
Contributor
Hey the same thing just happened to me! what ended up happening?
Login to Me Too

Veryduci
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there! The money was taken about 5/7 days after I wrote here. So just be patient and wait. I contacted the flight company too and they confirmed my flights were correctly booked.
Login to Me Too

sstolle
Contributor
Contributor
okay cool. for me it was yesterday night. i sent someone a payment though there then about five mins later i realized i didn’t have money in my saving (which is what my paypal is connected to) so i instantly transferred the money. i was just weirded out because the money went through even though i had no money in it AND when i did put money in it, nothing was deducted.
Login to Me Too

Veryduci
Contributor
Contributor
I know! I was expecting my payment to be declined as happens when you pay with the card. Anyway, everything should be fine by beginning of the next week for sure! Maybe before! 😉
Login to Me Too

sstolle
Contributor
Contributor
you’re so awesome thank you!!:))
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.