Strange exchange rates

daisy131
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I’ve been on PayPal since 2015 and I use it to transfer my monthly pay from UpWork. I work as a freelancer and don’t make a lot of money so every dollar is important to me. But, last two months, PayPal exchange rate really lowered my monthly pay. According to them, $1.00 is BAM1.59 while everywhere else $1 is BAM1.64. Everything was okay until June. Is PayPal using these rates deliberately? Where are they getting them? Do I have any alternative to PayPal because these rates are ridiculous.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Marina

Hi @daisy131,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the exchange rate that was used. We determine what exchange rate to apply to each transaction after receiving a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day. Since the value of each currency is constantly changing, PayPal's exchange rate is updated daily. You can find more information about this in our Help Center:

Where can I find PayPal's currency exchange rates?

I hope you find this information useful!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

daisy131
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the exchange rate was normal until June. Can you explain what happened?

Also, I can't see the exchange rate option in my 'Wallet'.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.