Retaking failed payments

Sharp1987
Contributor
Contributor
I had some failed bank payments and PayPal took the money from my PayPal balance which I have added money to to clear them. However they are now reissuing the direct debits and taking the money again from my account!! So I am effectively paying for them all twice! How do I stop this from happening, live chat closed and wait times on phone aren’t long? Any idea if I’ll get this money back? I’ve just repaid another £99 which I have already paid and they are trying to take another two today which I have repaid.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Azure855
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal did this to me on some plane tickets last year, with a total value of over $2200. If your bank's customer service line is open, you can ask them to bloc/reverse the transactions in question. Otherwise, the card company (visa, matercard, etc) can do the same.
Login to Me Too

Sharp1987
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not letting the direct debits be taken but then they debit them out of my PayPal account and give me a minus balance!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sharp1987, @Azure855,

Thank you both for reaching out via our Community Forums. Welcome! I'm sorry to hear a recent payment has failed. You can review our process at this Help Center article: What happens when an authorized payment is returned for insufficient or uncollected funds by my bank... If you'd like an update on your specific purchase / payment, please reach out to our Customer Support over the phone. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.