Placing Funds on Hold

Nestershomeserv
Contributor
Contributor

So where do I start....I’ve had about a dozen transactions so far through PayPal business. My funds get placed on hold and I have to have the customer sign into their PayPal account and click a blue button saying the received the goods. This is idiotic as I am a contractor and don’t sell goods. So after the thousands of dollars PayPal inconvenienced my customers to log on and click a button. As a new business this makes me look unprofessional. So I call customer service thinking I would get professional service because they do take out their service fee on every transaction. Even though it’s on hold. Anyway what a joke of a customer service team. You ask for a manager and they read legal crap off a computer. Oh it’s buyers protection that they accept the goods. Wait I PAY YOU ON EVERY TRANSACTION. But you don’t seem to care if my business is negatively affected. Come on PayPal. But ok I dealt with it telling my customers to log on after payment and accept goods. So in the back of my mind I thought, what if my customer doesn’t have a PayPal account. Guess what had one yesterday. So now they didn’t place the funds on hold, the limited my account to verify my identity. WHAT????? You didn’t verify my identity for $5000.00 worth of transactions. Now for $545.00 you are. So back to the phone for the exceptional customer service group. Get to a manager and they tell me because they are not a PayPal member their hands are tied if a customer disputes the transaction so not only are they requesting a photo of my drivers license. But then it gets to the back office and they will require written contracts to prove that I did the work. WHAT???? I didn’t sign up for PayPal for you to be my accountant. Once again they took their fee but now I can’t use the debit card or transfer money out. Why would you do that I asked, BECAUSE THE PERSON PAYING DIES NOT HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT. So I asked to speak to the managers boss. You can’t cause they are in corporate and they wouldn’t want to talk to you anyway. REALLY. If you need to contact corporate then you need to send a legal letter and the back office doesn’t accept phone calls. What kind of company is this and how do you run a business using their merchant account? Is anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have any suggestions beside take my money out and use someone else? Lastly when they place a hold on the money it’s listed as I am an “eBay non-performer” I don’t even use eBay. PayPal if you listening review the tape of the phone conversation I had with manager Ben at 9:10am est on 7/14/19 you can see how your customers are treated by your managers

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nestershomeserv 

EVERY new seller goes through the new seller hold, it would be unfair for them to make you the exception when the rest of us have to put up with it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nestershomeserv
Contributor
Contributor
That would cover the 1st part of my issues which I stated I have the customer click the received goods button on their account. Please respond to the limited account access they just placed. Not a hold on funds but suspending my ability to do anything but receive payments. Also at what time is a seller not new anymore. It is unfair to EVERYONE if you have over $5000 in transactions and they still placed holds.
Login to Me Too

cmaurizio
Contributor
Contributor

I've been a PayPal customer for YEARS - I even have a PayPal credit account.  This is the 1st time my money from #ebay has been put on hold.  I have an A+ rating at eBay.  Well FORK them, I'm done....  They get to collect interest on our money while we wait for it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.