Pending withdrawal

GemPer83
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item on Facebook, the buyer paid via PayPal, I withdrew the payment into my bank account and it was marked as “pending”. It’s been “pending” for almost 3 days now, and am starting to get a little annoyed/impatient. I don’t want to send the item until the payment has cleared into my bank account, but I don’t understand why it’s not clearing? It’s not a new account, I’ve received money and had withdrawal completed on the same day before. Just wondering if there’s an email address I could use to ask PayPal? The contact page is unavailable, surprise surprise.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GemPer83 wrote:
I recently sold an item on Facebook, the buyer paid via PayPal, I withdrew the payment into my bank account and it was marked as “pending”. It’s been “pending” for almost 3 days now, and am starting to get a little annoyed/impatient. I don’t want to send the item until the payment has cleared into my bank account, but I don’t understand why it’s not clearing? It’s not a new account, I’ve received money and had withdrawal completed on the same day before. Just wondering if there’s an email address I could use to ask PayPal? The contact page is unavailable, surprise surprise.

PayPal has not processed the withdraw transfer request yet. Since you've received payment into your PayPal account there is no need for you to delay shipping the item. The buyer can still file a dispute regardless if the funds were withdrawn to your bank account or not, possibly putting your PayPal account in the negative as PayPal hold you responsible for any problems that may arise. As long as the payment is your PayPal account and it seems like it is as you can withdraw it, you can ship. You can contact PayPal by Clicking HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US. There is no actual customer service "email" address to contact PayPal with.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GemPer83
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, that’s a great help. I’ll sort out shipping tomorrow and get it sent. I just worry there’s an issue on the buyers side and I don’t end up getting my money. But as you say, if it went into my balance and I was able to withdraw it, it should be okay. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.