Payments on Hold continuously

mandylynnxo
New Community Member

Hello!

Hopefully someone can help & this makes sense but..any payments I receive are constantly being put on a hold. My ex boyfriend had used my account a few years ago to do some sketchy transactions that in turn got disputed so I am sure that is why the hold is placed on the money recieved. But I am wondering if there is anything I can do to show that there is no longer sketchy/suspicious activity going on with my account, so that I can start to have the money available to me as soon as it is received. Most money received is due to family/friends owing me money not due to product sales or anything like that.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mandylynnxo 

Click on the transaction(s), click 'Add Tracking' if available and select an order status. The sender will receive an email to confirm receipt or they can log on to their account and confirm receipt on their end of the transaction.

If that option is not available, then you'll just have to roll with the punches and wait for release and build up a good account history again so PayPal will take you off of the hold or rolling reserve regimen. (It's a good thing the worst PayPal did put your payments on hold instead of permanently suspending the account and no longer offering you their services.) You may also want to contact customer service and see what they can do:

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Keep in mind that in most cases this is a security/risk issue and they may not be able to override security on your account and it is up to the programmed security software algorithms.

Never let anyone have control/access to your account again to bad marks won't be put on your account history on account of them at least. They can sign up for their own account and if there is a reason they can't, then there is a very good reason they can't.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.