Payment pending, do I ship the product?

estee321
Contributor
Contributor

This is my first time selling an item through ebay so this is all new to me. My item sold today and on ebay it says that "Payment initiated" and the payment was sent today through Paypal. On Paypal I can see the payment and it says "EBAY HOLD Payment Received". Does this mean I should be safe to ship the product to the buyer?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@estee321 

Log on to your PayPal account, click on the payment transaction itself that is marked with the eBay Hold in red as you have it in your post, to reveal the details. It should tell you in the details whether it is ok to ship or not. It's odd that it would say "Payment Initiated" instead of "Payment Received" on eBay though. Since you're a new seller, beware of scams. Proceed carefully.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

estee321
Contributor
Contributor

Clicking on it gives me this:

eBay requested a hold on the funds from your sale. Funds from your eBay sale will be held temporarily and available within 21 days. Add shipping info on eBay to help get your funds faster or Contact eBay for more information.

I don't see an area saying if it is safe to ship it or not, but I do have the button that allows me to create the shipping label. Would the best move be to wait to contact ebay?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.