Payment on hold

S_r_1
Contributor
Contributor

I have money in my account but it is on hold, however I need the funds (or part of those) for send the product to the buyer. What can I do

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

pleasehireme
Contributor
Contributor
I had to refund it and get it sent again.
Login to Me Too

DizzyAuto
Contributor
Contributor

Oh what do you mean? Aren't the holds payments/sales? 

Could you explain how did you do?

Did you make any lawsuit act on them?

Have you tried BBB.org to make a compaint?

Login to Me Too

temp20191121
New Community Member
I wasn't able.to get my funds too. This is what we called Paypal Stupidity. They said that because of the buyers protection. I even don't sell. The fund was sent to me by a friend of minè because he owes me. So he pay me using paypal. WTF. Then I was advice to put the tracking .number of the package? Seriously?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20191121 

Well thats down to how your friend sent your funds BUT as you have not said what country you are in and have a rude user id then not prepared to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elvira212
Same with me Now I'm confused how to take my money
Login to Me Too

Pv5
Contributor
Contributor
my money is on hold..help me
Login to Me Too

pleasehireme
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation I'm in. The money is from my aunt but they put it hold for shipment issues. I hate this. She dent me funds before with no issue!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pleasehireme 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

irishhere
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing! My customer already received her order. 

I provided the tracking number but the money still ON HOLD!!! 

Login to Me Too

4liljimmy
Contributor
Contributor
Contacted seller he said He did nothing but send payment. PayPal decided to put hold on my funds 7 days have past and my $2100 is held up. I will NEVER AGAIN use PAYPAL over $200 ... TOYALLY UNACCEPTABLE... SELLERS BEWARE OF MONEY HOLD FOR NO REASON BUT TO PAYPALS ADVANTAGE NEVER AGAIN....SPREAD THE WORD ...IM SURE THEY WILL NOT POST THIS BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THEIR ADVANTAGE SMH
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.