Payment on hold 48 hours after item has been delivered

Nhughe2
New Community Member
I have several items that were delivered over 48 hours again and payments still show as spending. Why is this happening?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

charmanderrr
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Im sorry you were not able to access the money right away. There are several reasons why money will be put on hold, see below article. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987 You may want to check with the sender how it was sent if its as family and friends or goods and services. If it was sent as goods and services kindly ask the sender to follow the steps below. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-receipt-of-an-item-faq4176?app=searchAu... If you find this helpful, kindly give a Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and stay safe!
Login to Me Too

GG928
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to us. Every transaction is set to review by our internal security system. If it's still on hold for 48 hrs just Wait a few days to see if PayPal marks the transfer as complete, this means PayPal has processed your transfer request. If not, they'll cancel or decline the transfer if there is an issue. We will send you notification once the funds are now available for you. Meanwhile, let us know if you need further assistance. Or you can contact customer service for further assistance: 1. Log on. 2. Click HELP at the top menu. 3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US. 4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options. Hope this helps. Stay healthy and safe.
Login to Me Too

Eagle8827
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’ve sent some money overseas and it says you will be able to confirm payment in 48 hours I’ve never done this before so I’m just wondering I wait 48 hours then confirm it right? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.