My amount 5000USD HOLD by PayPal

Muhammad90
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i need help about my fund has been hold by PayPal 5000USD, i understand paypal need confirmation, i have email confirmation about buyer confirm item received, due to covid 19, need we that money to pay bill and staff salary, i have can solve my problem ASAP, i didt do any wrong, please help me how to get fast fund 5000usd, Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

AnimatesTV
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I see that you are using a business account and that you are a seller, I did not know that previously.

PayPal has put the $5000 you have in a reserve to cover potential financial risk such as payment reversals you may receive like chargebacks and claims. PayPal uses three types of reserves: rolling reserves, minimum reserves and jumpstart reserves.

At this time you cannot do anything besides waiting 180 days. Your money will be safe it will not go anywhere.

PayPal has done this to ensure your customers are safe, and if there is any problems and you do not respond to your customers or give them refunds, paypal has put your money in a reserve so that will be automatically done.

If you are a good seller and do good business, the reserve will potentially be lowered or removed.

Have a great day and hope this helped!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Muhammad90 

Never use PayPal if its emergency money as they can freeze/hold the funds for up to 21 days. You have to have a highly reliable account accustomed to receiving large amounts so it more likely not to be held then not. Its not about doing anything 'wrong' but with high risk or not of dispute.

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer/sender to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity.
  2. Click Add Tracking Info on the payment you want to ship.
  3. Click on the "Shipped by" dropdown to view the list of supported carriers.

Buyer/Sender: To confirm you've received an item:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer/sender does not 'confirm receipt', or PayPal wasn't able to 'confirm delivery’, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal's system to release.  If its past 21 days, then you'll need to contact customer service, response may take longer due to Covid-19 situation.

Please visit this page:

https://www.paypal.com/my/smarthelp/home

Click MESSAGE CENTER or click LOG IN to access your message center or for live chat where available.

Or try Social media:

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal 

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Muhammad90
Contributor
Contributor

im selling virtual good gaming online..,dont have tracking no but i have email to buyer about confirmation of Items or Points, then  buyer reply about received item/point. that can use as a proof, because before i add shipped without tracking no, same of buyer cant find buttom to click received, also got error, 70% of buyer got this problem.

Login to Me Too

AnimatesTV
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please explain your problem in a more detailed way, because I do not know what your having trouble with, I understand it can be very scary to have an amount of $5000 held by PayPal, but in order for me to help you I need to understand the problem.

Account Limited And Money Is On Hold In PayPal Balance : 
If the $5000 you had in PayPal was in your PayPal balance, and your account was limited you will need to contact PayPal directly. PayPal noticed unusual activity on your account a decided to limit it, which means you cannot send to people, receive money, link a bank or credit card, you cant spend your PayPal balance. To help get your money that is on hold you will need to contact PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Muhammad90
Contributor
Contributor

This what PayPal reply me..

Dear Muhammad Faiz Bin Faxairurahman,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. My name is Lloyd and I am happy to assist you today about your held money.

I am sorry for any confusion on our part, but I am here to help.

After reviewing your account, it shows that this was placed as a reserve on it.

An account reserve is a pool of money set aside in your PayPal account to help ensure that you are able to meet the liabilities you may incur from a chargeback, claim or bank reversal when no other funds are available.

Ordinarily, if you have a reserve on your account and receive a chargeback or dispute, we will deduct that amount from your available balance and not from your reserve balance. However, if a seller goes out of business or stops processing payments through PayPal, we will deduct any payment reversals that subsequently come in from the reserve.

Reserves will be reviewed within 180 days from the date of placement and are based on improvements to your business performance. It’s possible that your reserve may be removed or lowered.

Some best practices to follow are:
• Ship promptly and give your customers valid tracking information through PayPal, so they can keep tabs on their purchases and know when to expect delivery
• Communicate early and often with your buyers and let them know about any changes, delays, or other important information
• Monitor your buyer complaint rates regularly and try to keep complaint rates below 1% of your sales.
• Avoid long refund times, which can lead to complaints from unsatisfied customers.

Due to the coronavirus emergency, we're unable to take most phone calls. However, we're happy to help you via our messaging channel. Our replies may be delayed, but if you send us your question via the Message Center, a PayPal customer representative will review your question and get back to you as soon as we can.

* as u can see paypal reply me like that, i also dont understand why, i understand about refund, some of them got own problem then asking for refund, but some of buyer i didt have proof to fight them, that why i refund back money, because im stilll new in PayPal, but i do my best , i also ask buyer to confirm using email and say Received item.

Login to Me Too
Solved

AnimatesTV
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I see that you are using a business account and that you are a seller, I did not know that previously.

PayPal has put the $5000 you have in a reserve to cover potential financial risk such as payment reversals you may receive like chargebacks and claims. PayPal uses three types of reserves: rolling reserves, minimum reserves and jumpstart reserves.

At this time you cannot do anything besides waiting 180 days. Your money will be safe it will not go anywhere.

PayPal has done this to ensure your customers are safe, and if there is any problems and you do not respond to your customers or give them refunds, paypal has put your money in a reserve so that will be automatically done.

If you are a good seller and do good business, the reserve will potentially be lowered or removed.

Have a great day and hope this helped!

Login to Me Too

Muhammad90
Contributor
Contributor

Very clear, Thank you very much..

Login to Me Too

Muhammad90
Contributor
Contributor

but already more than 180days, paypal still not return, when i ask him, he also didt know and understand,even i show screenshot they not understand, i not sure what paypal try to explain or do, i dont know how to explain to them. do you have ideas how to tell them and even i cant call them to explain and ask because no contact numbers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.