Money on hold and money taken off.

samlaing123
Contributor
Contributor
I have recently made a paypal account as my old one was deleted or for some reason doesn't exist anymore, i only made thks account to sell one item, but now my money is on hold for 21 days and it is £5 short. I am new to this but seriously what the hell? You hold my money and take £5 for the trouble? How can i get the money that's on hold quicker as i was selling an item due to low funds and cannot afford to wait for this.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samlaing123 

Did you think paypal was free? How do you think they fund the service and pay their staffs wages if you don't pay a fee to use that service? 

As for the hold, that is the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

samlaing123
Contributor
Contributor
I also phoned the customer support to ask first if i would be able access the money and in what time frame, and i was told as soon as the item was delivered i would receive my money and be able to move it to my bank account, but after reading the forums it seems all paypal do is try to make it as difficult as they can.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@samlaing123 

Did you think paypal was free? How do you think they fund the service and pay their staffs wages if you don't pay a fee to use that service? 

As for the hold, that is the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

samlaing123
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the helpful articles, but the sarcasm is why i imagine people hate paypal and the forums.
Login to Me Too

Patrick230
New Community Member
My money is on hold for 180 days and my account has. Been ban but now I can't remove my money till 180 days it has pass but still can remove my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.