Money Stuck In Paypal, Trying to Return it to the Sender

ShigeruKawai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I created a PayPal account and got transferred some money, I was unaware I would need to provide my SSN or Bank info to simply send that money to another PayPal account or spend it.

How can I get the funds returned to the sender?

I will not provide PayPal with the SSN or Bank info, I will just not use it but I need to return the money to the sender which is stuck in PayPal.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShigeruKawai 

I can't always reply instantly, I am a volunteer you know and doing my best to help as many as possible on this forum as customer services are not about much.

However are the funds SHOWING in your balance or have you not accepted them yet?

If they are showing then click on the transaction and use the refund option at the bottom of that details page.

If there is no refund option then 'send' them back the same way via friends/family.

If however as i suspect they are NOT showing as you have not provided ssn etc to accept them then it should show as pending on the SENDERS side and if they remain unclaimed will time out and be released back to them at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShigeruKawai 

How did they send it? Which paypal option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ShigeruKawai
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

It was sent from another PayPal account with F&F.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShigeruKawai 

I can't always reply instantly, I am a volunteer you know and doing my best to help as many as possible on this forum as customer services are not about much.

However are the funds SHOWING in your balance or have you not accepted them yet?

If they are showing then click on the transaction and use the refund option at the bottom of that details page.

If there is no refund option then 'send' them back the same way via friends/family.

If however as i suspect they are NOT showing as you have not provided ssn etc to accept them then it should show as pending on the SENDERS side and if they remain unclaimed will time out and be released back to them at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.