Linking Chime card/bank to PayPal?

goddessK
New Community Member

I am having the worst time trying to connect a Chime (bankcorp) bank account to my Paypal. Form my understanding the Chime/ Paypal Debit cards are issued by the same bank. So when I try to transfer it to my chime it’s saying they’ve encountered a problem try again later. I called and spoke to someone who said that they would connect it for me, and to send the transfer again. It was supposed to be the instant transfer but now it says it’s pending for 72 hours. My account is fairly new and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Ljbarth
New Community Member
I had rushcard which is a debit card linked to paypal for years. I looked it up to make sure you could add a chime card to paypal and was told i could yet every which way i have tried to add this card i keep getting declined! Frustrating
Login to Me Too

Chrisdhigley
Same issue it's frustrating when chime and paypal who are owned by the same people won't transfer funds? Is it just for transfer fees? B.S. in this high tech age you would imagine some transparency in all accounts!
Login to Me Too

Matias76
Contributor
Contributor

I actually was making instant transfers into my Chime account from PayPal. And now PayPal is saying that their software has deemed Chime a security risk. I'm done with PayPal after my balance is at zero.

Login to Me Too

Ravenesence76
I don't know if this is a new thing paypal has done, but if you download the Paypal mobile app, you can link your chime account through the app. Not just the card, but link the bank itself.
Login to Me Too

Vlus91
Contributor
Contributor
Finally a recent post here! I just saw your comment, downloaded the PayPal app. I know Chime wouldn't be listed under the banks list. Usually Bancorp bank is listed under banks lists in sites but on paypal there's like 4 different ones. I'm gonna try to figure out which one it is lol😩😩😩 would you know by any chance? I'm getting sick of chime. Changing to a regular bank asap
Login to Me Too

jcuslidge
New Community Member

Yeah, it's weird that I can link prepaid Visa cards, but Chime bank accounts and debit cards won't be accepted. Chime is more legit than a prepaid Visa, and how are they less legit than Paypal if they use the same bank? I really want to close my Bank of America account because they charge monthly to have an account, but I have to have a "real" bank to replace them. Maybe it's an issue with Chime that Chime needs to fix themselves.

Login to Me Too

ZBell777
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this frustrating problem.

I don’t know why chime wouldn’t connect with PayPal. 

I really need this to connect or I won’t be able to live.

Login to Me Too

Schapmanrsc
This is happening to me as we speak .. anyone have answers
Login to Me Too

Docspawn
Had the same problem with netspend which the small 2 deposits PayPal said they made never showed up so I just went under link a card and added my netspend card and did the same with Chime. Something with adding a bank makes it more difficult or cant be done. I just added my chime card today and successfully transferred funds to it from my PayPal account. Hope that helps.
Login to Me Too

DCProcessing
Contributor
Contributor

DocSpawn - Thanks for your suggestion. Do you know if funds can also be transferred to Paypal in this way? Or would the direct ach bank deposit be the only way? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.