Kenya

P254
Contributor
Contributor

It's clear that PayPal is a scam, why would PayPal insist that I can only withdraw my money that has been limited for 180 days using a US Bank account? I'm in kenya so I will never get my money?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@P254

If your account has been limited then you won't be able to withdraw the funds as that option is not available in your country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

P254
Contributor
Contributor
You are scamming people's money then. If I can only withdraw my money using a US Bank account, then why did you allow me to create the PayPal account if it I can only withdraw the money that has been limited for 180 days via US Bank account. This proves that you are a scam company, why? When I was creating my Kenyan PayPal account, you didn't mention to me that if you limited my money I will not be able to withdraw it.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@P254

I'm not scamming anyone as I have nothing to do with Paypal.

This is a 'user to user' COMMUNITY forum and not Paypal customer services.

When you give up your time for a while to help others you get advisor status but I am a volunteer.

So I took the time to tell you how withdrawals are not available in your country etc, something you should have found out for yourself when you opened your Paypal account.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @P254,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're having withdrawing the funds from a limited account once the 180 days have elapsed. In Kenya, in addition to the ability to add a US bank account, you also may be able to withdraw the funds using M-PESA or Equity Bank. If you have any difficulty setting up a funds transfer with one of those two services, please contact customer service so a representative can troubleshoot and make any necessary adjustments.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

thetea
Contributor
Contributor
Hi... where you able to resolve the issue? Im currently experiencing the same thing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.