Improve Your Customer Service

meynolt
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to link my bank account today...The system for some reason refuses to send my phone a text code. So, I clicked "try another way" it simply re-routed back to sending a text code. I called your customer "service" and asked for help. After waiting on hold for over an hour (after being told 37-55 minutes) the representative told me she can't help. I asked to speak to someone who can. Supposedly a "supervisor" was put on the line, who listened to the issue I had and replied with "mmm-hmm" after every sentence. Then...DISCONNECTED the call. So, here I am a second time on hold for 37-55 minutes. YOUR system refused to send a text code, YOUR representatives did NOTHING to assist, and YOUR representative promptly hung up on me. WTF is the problem with your company? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meynolt 

Not sure why you need a text to add a bank account.

Also as you haven't said what country you are in its hard to advise on adding that bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

meynolt
Contributor
Contributor

The system said it was sending a "Text Code" which it never did. I am in the US.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meynolt 

OK then i guess the bit at the bottom of this link would explain why.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq327...

Unable to add your bank account?

• Not all banks are accepted at PayPal, you may be using a bank that is not compatible with PayPal such as an online only or prepaid bank account. Try adding a different bank account to your account.
  • The name on your bank account needs to match the name on your PayPal account, make sure you enter the correct information.
  • You may need to complete a security check first.
  •  

So if you are having trouble with that then read the bottom of this link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3567

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

meynolt
Contributor
Contributor

Nope... None of that is it. I spent 3 hours...3 fricking hours, on the phone. Know what the end result was? "We don't have a solution for that". Here is what the issue turned out to be. The code could not be sent because my phone carrier automatically blocked it. I had to call the carrier to unblock. However... The phone rep can fix this by asking some questions about my past that are multiple choice and that should confirm me, and then the phone rep can make the account link. Well...guess what...The phone rep entered an answer wrong, and boom...now I am locked out for 48 hours. The customer service rep makes a mistake, after two phone calls (one of which they disconnected) two hours total (between both calls on hold). So a phone rep can enter the wrong thing and lock me out? But wait...it gets even better. They say why don't we just link your debit card, it will just cost a small fee. Well, that's interesting. My debit card, which is linked to the very checking account I was trying to link to for free, but suddenly we can link to my card (not the account) if I pay a small fee. This has been the most insane, and transparently scam riddled customer service experience I have ever had in my life. So, I hop online looking for CS reviews for PayPal. Imagine what I find? 1789 total reviews for an average of 2.75 stars. I didn't read them all, but what I did read was either the exact same issue or something very, very similar! Paypal likes to hold that cash apparently, and make it as hard as possible for customers to cash out. guess it is easy to do when you don't have much competition. What a scam. I hope Dan Schulman is proud of himself, huckster.

Login to Me Too

meynolt
Contributor
Contributor

Here's a link for you. Look at all those "1" star ratings in just the past month. Pitiful...Time to shop for an alternative method for Ebay. 

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/paypal_02.html?page=2#sort=top_reviews&filter=none

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.