I'm back

ununsnappy
Contributor
Contributor

I still am stupid and do not know how to use PP. Years ago I set up an account, and rarely use it. Apparently PP has changed its policy and now: U.S. personal account holders who want to keep money in PayPal or use other features that rely on a balance need to have a balance account linked to their personal account. PayPal offers two types of balance accounts: PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus.       I have no idea how to create a 'balance' account to link to my personal account (I imagine what I set up years ago is what PP calls a 'personal' account). To add to the mix, I couldn't get into my account last year, finally got someone on the phone to help me, and he suggested I create a new account and he would transfer my money into it. So I set up another account, only to hear from Rob that because there was money money in British pounds and not US dollars he could not transfer the money. I've gone round and round with the Virtual Agent, and no access to PP employees because of COVID. Today I wanted to donate some money to Wikipedia, and it would not go through. Going to the PP website and logging in, and then into Wallet, I see no balance--I don't mean a balance of zero, I mean there is nothing saying anything about a balance anywhere. Maybe Wallet isn't the place where it shows my balance??? Then I am requested to put in a phone number. Then I am told to put the number in using the correct format. I am only typing numbers in and PP is putting parentheses around the area code and a dash after the exchange, so what are they talking about??? They won't let me continue because they want to verify it's me and without a phone number (yes, I checked and that phone number is there in My Account info), PP won't let me go on. So 1) Where is my measly balance or has someone stolen it? 2) How do I get around the nonsense with the phone number that PP doesn't like? 3) Why does PP want a credit card number or bank account number in order for me to access the money I have in PP? Many thanks to you all.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.