Feels like theft: Paypal will not return or release funds?

RickyZ146
New Community Member

Over a month ago, I sent $1,000 to a NGO/humanitarian organization.
Paypal took the money out of my account but has not released the funds to the organization.
I’ve contacted paypal numerous times and they will neither return my money or release the funds to the NGO.
I’d love any ideas how to proceed! And if anyone has a phone number I could talk to a competant human that would be great as well!

For a bit more detail, here is a letter I sent them trying to “guess” what the problem is as they don’t say.
(Problem got even more complicated 2 weeks ago when my laptop died and couldn’t read their messages.)

...In one message you asked about the gift I sent to the registered Christian NGO "Plain Compassion '' which I designated for Syria work.
Plain Compassion has several areas they work in - in Syria they work with IDP's and refugees providing humanitarian aid. That can be easily verified by checking their website @  https://plaincompassion.org/.

PAYPALS ETHICS?

I can understand Paypal being concerned about sending money designated for work in Syria. What I don't understand is your ethics behind taking the money out of my bank account, NOT giving it to the humanitarian NGO and at the same time NOT returning the money?
I also understand possible confusion on my identity; that happens more frequently being an American citizen with an American bank account, living overseas, using (or trying to use) foreign contact info. But once again, why can't you just put the money back where you got it? You've got me in several "catch 22" like scenarios and it feels like you are using your impossible hoops to blatantly justify stealing money that was intended to bring aid to some of the most hurting & needy people thru some of the most incredibly generous and compassionate people!

Could you please help me communicate with a real human via phone? And also, if anyone reading this knows HOW to update profiles, could you update my phone number to my only number that works which is: XXX (Malaysian number - country code included) while at the same time keeping my California address for my bank address.

Thank you Ricky

*RECENT COMPUTER ACCOUNT ISSUE*

Paypal, Is it possible for you to communicate to me here on my email?  I haven’t been able to access my paypal account since my laptop died.

I'm an American citizen with an American bank account working as a missionary in Malaysia.
I signed up for Paypal many years ago with an American phone number.
I've only had a US bank account and I've never found a way to use my Malaysian # and American Bank account on my profile.
My phone on record is a LONG expired US phone. Attempts to update it don't work with your system. I'm told incorrect # when I correctly insert it.

Recently my laptop from the past several years hasn 't been working and I'm using another one. When  I try to access my messages from you I can't get into my paypal account perhaps because of the different computer until I enter the code you send to the non-existent number.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.