Can't use PayPal balance to make purchase online.

Desmond_Tan
Contributor
Contributor

Capture.JPG

So, As seen above, I have some money left in my account. But PayPal doesn't seem to allow me to use them in any online purchases I want to make.

Capture2.JPG

When I checkout, and select PayPal as the payment method, PayPal will not allow me to use my PayPal balance and insist on asking me to link a card/bank account.

Can I know what is wrong and how do I solve this? 

No, I have not linked my account to any cards of banks. It WAS linked previously but I unlinked it in an attempt to test if that was the issue.
And yes, I have set my preferred way to pay of online purchases to my PayPal balance.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Desmond_Tan 

If you want to use funds in your balance to make a payment then it has to be in the correct currency.

You are trying to pay in $$$ but do not have a $ balance, only an MYR currency balance that equates to the amount of dollars shown, but that is just an estimate and not the actual currency in your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Desmond_Tan
Contributor
Contributor

Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification.

If that is the case, is there any way I can convert the balance I have in MYR to actual $ to be able to make purchase that requires $, or is there no way to do something like that, and the only way to use up the balance I have is to either transfer it to a linked card/bank or use them somewhere where MYR is accepted as the currency? 

Login to Me Too

Desmond_Tan
Contributor
Contributor

Capture.JPG

Hi. Thank for the link to the guide, however, I don't seem to be able to do what the guide indicates. 

On the FAQ, it reads that on the Wallet page, "Click the three dots icon next to the currency.", however, the only currency which has the three dots is MYR.

Capture2.JPG

I have also tried setting MYR as my primary currency but to no avail. Am I missing something?

Please advice. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Desmond_Tan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello? I'm still waiting on a reply to this? Is this only my problem or is there something else I'm missing here? 

Please advise ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.