Can't contact paypal about non-receipt of refund

rosaebilgerat
New Community Member

I'm at a complete loss how to contact paypal about a refund. I cancelled a hotel booking, was promised a refund and got an email from paypal saying a refund would be made. Then a week later I got another email from them saying the refund "was not processed successfully." I went into the resolution centre and got the reponse that it could not help because I had received a refund (I have not). I then tried contacting paypal via email in the feedback/formal complaint section of their website, but got an email back saying that the email account I contacted was no longer in use and that I should contact them about any problem via the resolution centre.

Where do I go from here now paypal are not answering the phone, their email account to make a complaint isn't in use and the resolution centre won't help because it wrongly thinks I have had a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@rosaebilgerat 

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here to help. Sorry that you you have to go through all of these.I understand that you get the email that the refund was not processed successfully and that means that either Paypal was not able to refund your payment successfully possibly of a technical error or the financial institution might have rejected it.

So it's important that we have to check first the status of the refund that you have received on you activity page.

• Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance, in your bank account or on your card.

Here's a link for your reference : Where is my refund? 

You may also send us a message or click on contact us at the bottom of any paypal pages and you may check if there is an option for you to chat with a representative.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.