0-3 days. 72 hours. 3-4 working day. Which is it?

Serenity871
Contributor
Contributor

Having recently joined paypal, I find myself a little confused and annoyed.

I've had a number of payments go into my account and over the last few days have made 3 withdrawals. When making each one it states that it will take 0-3 days to go into my bank account. After I accept this, the withdrawal shows as pending on my summary and when I expand the withdrawal it states that it will complete in 3-4 working days. Finally, after each one I receive an email telling me that each withdrawal can take up to a maximum of 72 hours. Not 72 working hours and not 96 as it would be if it were 4 days.

Can anyone tell me what the case really is. Should I expect 4 working days? 72 hours? 72 working hours?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Serenity871

In the UK its 2-72 hours BUT its normally about 2 hours unless you get an email to tell you that its subject to a random 72 hour hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Serenity871
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response.

If that's the case why am I able to see three different amounts of time for each withdrawal? It seems a little unprofesional.

The email I have for each withdrawal states "Your withdrawal request is now being processed. Your funds can take up to 72 hours to appear in your bank account.". No mention of any random hold.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Serenity871

I can only tell you what happens, IF you get the random security hold then you will get an email that tells you !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Serenity871

FROM PAYPALS HELP PAGES UK >>>

Why is my withdrawal on hold?

Withdrawals can take anything from 2 – 72 hrs to complete through the PayPal system. Generally they will complete within 2 hours however we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released.

This type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account profile recently.

Once our review has finished your withdrawal will show as ‘completed’ and will be processed to your bank account as long as the review did not turn up any issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sharron21
Contributor
Contributor

So PayPal wears my money I can transfer instant , sercurity checks load of Rubbish lies lies lies 

said 2 hours then 0-3 days then 3-4 days what is it , I'm surprised you still in able to keep telling lies all you do is profit from our money one day you will be forced to hand over billions , so reply to this , 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharron21

Who are you talking to???

I am not telling any lies, I am quoting from paypals help pages.

And I am not holding ANY of your money.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joanglassford
Contributor
Contributor
It's not a security hold,it's so they can keep the money in THEIR bank account and gain more interest. If you think about how many people are having this problem then times it by ten then you have billions of pounds on "hold" then the more interest PayPal get.
Login to Me Too

Joanglassford
Contributor
Contributor
It's not a security hold,it's so they can keep the money in THEIR bank account and gain more interest. If you think about how many people are having this problem then times it by ten then you have billions of pounds on "hold" then the more interest PayPal get. It's stupid really.
Login to Me Too

Lady-tee
It shouldn’t be anything it’s disgusting
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.