0-3 days. 72 hours. 3-4 working day. Which is it?

Serenity871
Contributor
Contributor

Having recently joined paypal, I find myself a little confused and annoyed.

I've had a number of payments go into my account and over the last few days have made 3 withdrawals. When making each one it states that it will take 0-3 days to go into my bank account. After I accept this, the withdrawal shows as pending on my summary and when I expand the withdrawal it states that it will complete in 3-4 working days. Finally, after each one I receive an email telling me that each withdrawal can take up to a maximum of 72 hours. Not 72 working hours and not 96 as it would be if it were 4 days.

Can anyone tell me what the case really is. Should I expect 4 working days? 72 hours? 72 working hours?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

spezzer
Contributor
Contributor
Has there been a response from Paypal about the 3/4 days or 72 hours quoted when withdrawing money? What Paypal need to understand is its all very well hanging on the funds for a few days but do they appreciate the consequeneces? Yes, i understand its a business and they collect daily interest on credit balances - I'm sure they do very nicely. But they will shoot themselves in the foot. I will not be using Paypal for future transactions. I will be sending the buyer my SC/ACC NO and they can freely use online banking to credit my bank account directly. By hanging on to my funds the customer aint having their furniture. Its not rocket science Paypal!
Login to Me Too

Lady-tee
I Tell you what!! Soon as my money’s in my bank im deleting pay pal shocking!!! Not only have u had to wait 32days for my money.. i know have to wait a further 72 hours.. you’re a **bleep** take!! And to be honest im livid! Disgusting! We have bills to **bleep**ing pay over xmas an h want to take the **bleep**?! I for one will NEVER EVER recommend paypal!! Disgusted in this!
Login to Me Too

Robbo82
New Community Member
They're doing it to me too, they owe me a fair bit of money but they say it's going to take upto 72hrs.....ITS MY MONEY so why can't you just pay me MY MONEY!!!! I will be deleting PayPal once it's sorted and I'll NEVER be tempted to use them again 😡
Login to Me Too

bevkelly1966
Contributor
Contributor
I have same problem i have to use paypal all the time but hate waiting for pending money as sometimes large amounts go in and visa versa
Login to Me Too

Ljkav
New Community Member
Mine is say 0 to 3 working days on summary yet text said 72, hours so nothing about weekends. I have had 6 pending and then last night I withdrew and it went straight in I just don't get it. I do find if I phone them and ask nicely cause I need it for postage they generally try to get it done that day for you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.