have to give seller exactly what they want when they dont ship

lordraptor1
Contributor
Contributor

just thought i would share my story with all of you in that i made an ebay purchse on november 30th for a vacuum tube box so i could safely store a spare vacuum tube and it had an estimated delivery date dec 8th.  well the 8th came and went so i contaced seller, next day sent another, third day sent another got 2 replies both identical, claiming item had shipped ( no tracking, no proof) and cited holiday delays and weather as reason package hadnt arrived.

now here is where things get really good, i filed a claim with fleabay, which promted another identical verbatim msg from seller citing the holiday and weather delays asking me to wait which i said no just offer a refund based on items bought off of ebay after that ( and i am talking dec 1st through dec 13th including one purchase made dec 5th which came from the UK) have ALL arrived, only the tube box didnt arrive and i believe it is because the seller never shipped.

paypal has made me wait till the 20th giving seller exactly what he wanted which was me to wait while he sits back ignoring msg from paypal to respond.

so fast forward today teh 20th, NO package, NO refund, No communication from seller OR PP and now the tube i needed the box for in the first place is broken and has to be replaced all because the seller didnt ship nor refund the money so i could order one from a dependable seller and paypal allowed the seller to rip me off because they have not responded my money nor ade any attempt to contact me today.  it was only 1.19 for the purchase BUT, when you factor in everything: 1.   1.19 purchase 2. 17 days ( not including sunday) and item still hasnt shown. 3. personal item this was bought to protect is destroyed already because package never arrived 4. no response reply from seller or PP after 17 days.

well im now done waiting today is the day, i want not only my 1.19 purchase price back i want compensated for the delay, run around AND the cost of replacing the type 83 vacuum tube that got destroyed while waiting to get the box from seller whom clearly never sent it and having to wait because paypal wants to give seller 10 days to respond ( sorry but sellers really dont need 10 days to respond unless they are "out" at which time they should mark items they are selling as such.  especially if the seller is still listing items and selling/"shipping" stuff on fleabay as the seller i am referencing is doing he like PP is stonewalling me.

now as far as compensation goes here is what i would like:

1.  refund of my $1.19 purchase price +

2.  $67.00 to replace the 83 mercury vapor rectifier tube that got broke waiting on the box that never showed

3.  $17.00 for the hassle and delay i have been put through from the seller and PP ( that is only $1 a day for the 17 day BS i have been through with this transaction and is ONLY because it is christmas i would settle for this any other time of year)

for a combined total of $85.19

my request is reasonable considering everythign sellr not shipping package, other items purchased afterwards including one from UK already being here which debumks the sellers weather and holiday delay claims as well as pp not really doing much on their end in the investigating area cause a simple ebay search will show seller is active selling and "shipping" on fleabay and has been the whole time meaning he has indeed had opportunities to respond to the claim and is flat out refusing to do so and PP is allowing the seller to do this ( hence the extra compensation for the delay and teh cost to replace the damaged tube).

side note: there really needs to be another line in the ( help/Ask, Social/Meet, and Your Voice/Improve), and that is Your Voice: Stop the Stonewalling from PP when they allow sellers to **bleep** over buyers.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good luck with that since PayPal, eBay, cannot force the seller to refund more that was paid.   And it will do you no good asking here because this is a user forum primarily for answering general questions so if you have a specific problem with your account/transaction, feel free to contact PayPal customer service by calling them: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Or file a complaint at BBB.org to try and get compensated for your loss.  BBB can direct your request to PayPal executive escalations dept.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your thread is too long to follow,we are just volunteers ,not PAYPAL employee.

You filed with EBAY,you should escalated to Ebay review and then if you win,you get refund.

sorry for your loss,neither ebay or paypal can give you more than what you paid for. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.