Why's pay after delivery option always keep disappearing for security reason?

khanguyenn
Contributor
Contributor

IDK why  pay after delivery option always keep disappearing for security reason and when I call they said there's nothing they can do and basically the agent doesn't bother answering and the **bleep** manager is even worse.

If you guys know anything about it, please let me know; because I'm going crazy talking to these **bleep** customer service.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khanguyenn

PAD is not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is.

Depends a lot i guess on paypals cash flow issues.

Not sure why you want to use it though, it gives you no more buyer protection. All it does is give you a few extra days before paypal debit your bank account.

The seller has already been credited the funds as they are on regular payments as no seller would send an item without being paid first.

Personally i prefer to fund my paypal transactions with a credit card that does give you extra protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Some folks may have maxed out on their credit card or do not own a credit card,PAD charges buyer bank account 14 days after order is placed (not 14 days after delivery),so buyer does not really have 14 days to make payment.

PAD is not always available,like the other said,between Paypal line of credit and PAD etc,and this is Xmas shopping season,Paypal may hold back on extending too much credit,also it checks your recent activities,not just Paypal but also other credit activities,and how much you have been buying lately and if there is any problem accessing fund from prior PAD transactions.also what you are buying,some are riskier than others. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.