Unbelievable

exiled
Contributor
Contributor

10 dollar chargeback to my account. I call Pay Pal. Thirty minute wait. I call Pay Pal Credit, get through but no help. Get a call back from Pay Pal. Speak to Pay Pal, transferred to Disputes. No help and get disconnected somehow. Call Pay Pal. Thirty minute wait. Call Pay Pal Credit, get supervisor, no help, transfer me to Disputes. No help and get disconnected again. Call Pay Pal. Thirty minute wait. Get call back, transfer to Disputes, get supervisor. Supevisor agrees with me. Total elapsed time 2 hours and 30 minutes. Issue: It is claimed that someone other than buyer purchased Ebay item. My take on the dispute: 1) 3+ month old transaction. Item purchased and shipped. I have the shipping receipt at home with tracking but not in hand at the moment. Buyer claims someone else used credit card information. 2) I refuse Pay Pal demand to provide tracking information as requested. 3) Dispute is not about arrival or non-arrival of item so tracking is not relevant. 3) Buyer did not claim item non-arrival. 4) Buyer did not return item I shipped. 5) Dispute is between buyer and credit card company about illegal use of credit card number. THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM. WHY IS PAY PAL CHARGING MY ACCOUNT 10 DOLLARS? THIS IS STRONG ARM ROBBERY. BOTTOM LINE: PAY PAL INAPPROPRIATELY INVOLVES ME IN A DISPUTE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.   When Pay Pal was the cash cow of Ebay, customer service was exceptionally good. Now that Pay Pal is maximizing profit at the expense of customer service, that service is terrible. Finally, why why why is Pay Pal charging my account ten dollars. Because it can, not because it is the correct thing to do. You should ask yourself: Do I really want to continue to to do business with a company that treats long time, high value customers (500 transactions per year) so poorly. I plan to look for alternatives and so should you.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

exiled
Contributor
Contributor

Another letter from the Pay Pal attorney in response to my second complaint to CFPB. I accept the apology offered in the letter. But in dealing with Pay Pal customers and clients, Pay Pal needs to rely less on the dense legal text of the User Agreement and more on common sense and transparency. In particular, Pay Pal needs to allow customers to opt out of the credit card payments and all the risks that chargebacks entail.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Seem like the buyer didn't remember their purchase and jumped to file a chargeback for unauthorized transaction causing trouble down the line.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.