Paypal unfair practices

manzatami
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a brand new ipod on ebay on 5/25/16 and shipped it the next day and buyer got  it. Did not hear any complaint from anybody until I got call and letter from a colection agency, claiming I have negative balance on Paypal. When checked I found out the buyer had complained to Paypal in October that the ipod is used ( a total lie , because the ipod was bought new  from an apple store). Paypal claims that Paypal had sent me an email about the issue, but I never received any email from anybody. Paypal claims because the email was not responded to, they refunded the buyer and told him to keep the ipod!!!! The buyer had my phone number, email address, mailing address, but he never contacted me. I called him and he said yes , they gave him the money back and told him to keep the ipod!   Paypal has not only given my ipod to a scam artist for free , they and ebay have also  charged me all the fees to do it .  I am hoping someone at Paypal notices that this is wrong   and does something about it.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manzatami

Unlikely if you are just posting on here as this is not customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

manzatami
Contributor
Contributor

Customer service unfortunately says " we emailed you and you did not respond  and there is nothing else that can be done" . The fact that I did not get any email from Paypal does not matter to them.  My email address is working fine, I have not had any other undelivered emails. Paypal has my mailing address and my home phone number , as they gave these to a collection agency! and this is how  I became aware of the refund.   Why tell the buyer to keep the unpaid merchandise? why not telling them to contact the buyer to see what he wants to do with it? I would have happily paid for a return shipping fee.   Why not ask the buyer to contact the seller before refunding the money?  Buyer had all my contacts info, as we had communications prior to the sale.  This unfair Paypal  practice  and policy opens the door to sellers  being abused by unscrupulous buyers.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.