Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

Rationalone
New Community Member

It has already occured in another state where a man used the female locker room at a community center where young girls were dressing for swim class, the athorities could do nothing because of the law "protecting" transgender deviants.   Thank goodness North Carolina has the common sense to prevent this.  PayPal is disgraceful not supporting this!

Login to Me Too

Mark_in_FL
Contributor
Contributor

This longtime user of Paypal now has one more reason to remain a loyal customer.

These laws that masquerade as "protection" or simply clarifications are thinly veiled attempts to reassert the de facto discrimination that has been in place against those deemed morally defecient by certain people. These laws "address" problems that do not actually exist. They are in the same category as voter ID laws that were enacted soley for the side effect of disenfranchising a certain class of voter. Once again a law for a problem that does not actually exist.

These types of laws actually have an opposite effect of what they claim to be doing. It is simply that the effect is against a minority population that is perceived to be gaining too much influence and the majority is fighting back by trying to get around our Constitution. How American.

I noticed one person here posted that they should be able to confront a man entering the bathroom with her. Has that ever happened to anyone here? 

Because of this law there are many people who will legally have to use a bathroom that will now cause possibly dangerous confrontations as trans-gender men (who look like men) must use the women's room. Can't see that being a problem.....

And as well, transgender women will have to use the men's room or face penalties(Which, if they have any sense they will face since it will be less dangerous than using the men's room). In North Carolina, based on many of the responses I have seen on this topic, in many places, it is likely to end up with someone being attacked or killed.

Thank you PayPal for standing up to this sort of legal bullying.

Login to Me Too

Iamout
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your position and your loyalty.  Please let us all know the results of your efforts to get PayPal to make the bathrooms within their buildings open to transgender choice.  You do understand that the NC law does not prohibit individual businesses from allowing this, right? 

Login to Me Too

Mark_in_FL
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that PayPal understands that their employees could be subject legal discrimination that could lead to a dangerous confrontation if they follow the law or legal consequences if they do not. PayPal is choosing not to locate in a state that does not match their beliefs. I do believe that backers of the bill would surely support that.

Login to Me Too

mvett
Contributor
Contributor

I want to congratulate PayPal for their principled stand against ignorance, bigotry and discrimination. North Carolina needs to be "shunned" by the public and private sectors for their egregious pandering to hateful people who wish to deny good Americans their constitutional rights. Since we can't appeal to North Carolina's understanding, compassion and acceptance, we need to appeal to their economic intrests. We all need to economically penalize NC and reward those states and cities that demonstrate equality for all of our citizens.

Oh, yeah, I was so happy to see NC lose the NCAA championship on a last second shot.  

Login to Me Too

ry62

Can someone post instructions on how to completely cancel a Paypal account, remove all financial info, etc?

Trying to remove credit cards and the sight says I have to wait until all transactions are complete. I'm pretty sure I don't have any open transactions.

Login to Me Too

Iamout
Contributor
Contributor

Ironic, and misinformed.  UNC CHapel Hill is probably the group most adamantly opposed to the HB2 legislation.  You were rooting against the people most in line with your own position. Also, you say NC should be shunned for pandering to "hateful" people, and then you are happy to see a team of students lose, demonstrating a little hate yourself.  Again, irony.  

Login to Me Too

Ravinwrites
New Community Member

I, too, want to thank Paypal for taking a stance against this awful and ridiculous legislation. For those who want to jump up and down proclaiming that it isn't anti-gay, blah blah, consider that it also eliminated added protections for VETERANS some cities had enacted as well. This legislation is hateful at its core and is doomed to fail once put to Constitutional test.

Login to Me Too

jesse2946
Contributor
Contributor

read the bill and quit vomiuting up Democratic talking points!!!!

Login to Me Too

jesse2946
Contributor
Contributor

we will see who pays the economic penalty   you .3% or the 99.7 percent who favor this bill

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.