Feedback about PayPal's Decision in NC

Roncz
New Community Member

Glad to see your company is taking a stand on the discriminatory practices in NC. Congratulations.

Login to Me Too
842 REPLIES 842

Ollopa
New Community Member

While strongly respecting Christian principles, it's not really necessary to bring the bible into this discussion.  Common sense and hundreds of years of history will do.  It seems to be an unfortunate, yet common practice these days for those screaming in opposition to a position such as North Carolina's to have little understanding of, or regard for the facts and I doubt if very many have actually read the law they oppose.  I believe the majority of the people in this country prefer to mind their own business and don't wish to interfere with anyone's personal sexual preferences. Yet a very, very small percentage of our population have been extremely aggressive, crying discrimination while trying to shove their views down our throats.  The question is who is really being discriminated against - the many or the few?  I don't know anyone who wants their children in a public restroom with a person of the opposite **bleep** no matter how innocent it appears to be and I especially wonder if any woman wants a man in her bathroom regardless of his intent.  In fact, if it were not for the pressure of a small group trying to force us to their will, new laws would not even be necessary.  

P.S.: I am cancelling my PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

valiantra123
Contributor
Contributor

Well shoving views down ones throat appears to be what you are doing..

Login to Me Too

valiantra123
Contributor
Contributor

It was never judged by Jesus...his closest friend was a prostitute...

Login to Me Too

valiantra123
Contributor
Contributor

Excuse me...Christians have been pushing their agenda since the crusades, since the persecution of the Nostic Christians...get your facts straight. Jesus accepted all for who they were, seems we only remember the parts of the bible that suit our agendas.

Login to Me Too

dar15
New Community Member

I wanted Paypal to know that I am very disapointed in their decision to pull out of NC because of their LGBT bathroom law. 

It is sad when the opionions of others who have rightful concerns are ignored. I felt this was just a common sense law and not discriminating in any way.  I have been a member of Paypal since 2004, but I will be discussing closing our Paypal account with my husband tonight.  Obviously Paypal was not worried about anyone with the views I have or whether we would stay Paypal customers.

Login to Me Too

UpTheCrick
Contributor
Contributor
Just wanted to offer my sincere congratulations to PayPal for the decision to abandon plans already underway to expand operations to NC, one of the new Hate States. I acknowledge this decision was complicated because of the financial commitment already in olace, but to maintain your reputation with customers in more enlightened and progressive parts of the country this was, truly, your only option. Sincere thanks from a long term customer.
Login to Me Too

texaggies89
Contributor
Contributor

To the contrary, I'll be cancelling my account immediately. Another long-term account member.  Adios PayPal, I will have nothing to do with any company that supports government discrimination against Christians.

Login to Me Too

KindlyKen
New Community Member

Ditto Ditto.  Companies should not stick there noses into politics or use of bathrooms.  I don't need to help line the pockets.  God bless all.  

Login to Me Too

Sissytoo
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU PAYPAL!!! Thank you for taking a stand and do the right thing against the ignorance in N.C. Finally, a company that has some backbone! Proud to be a long term customer, thank you again. 

Login to Me Too

seeya

@Sissytoo wrote:

THANK YOU PAYPAL!!! Thank you for taking a stand and do the right thing against the ignorance in N.C. Finally, a company that has some backbone! Proud to be a long term customer, thank you again. 

Pay Pal does business in 25 countries where homosexuality is illegal, including 5 countries where the penelty for homosexuality is death. Keep on supporting them..........stoop.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.