Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

PayPal_Olivia

Hello everyone!

PayPal Here is now available in the US! If you signed up on the waitlist, you should have already received communication inviting you to apply. If you did not sign up on the waitlist, the PayPal Here informational site will show you how to download the application and apply, and has FAQs and information about the product (including a list of compatible devices).

If you have PayPal Here questions, need to troubleshoot, etc., please reach out to the Community in the ongoing thread in the Help forum.

Please do continue to post your PayPal Here feedback in this thread. It's very important to us!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

cathy01
Contributor
Contributor

I was one of many choosen to try the app out. but could not use it, and now   close to the end of july and my model phone is not. compatible with the app. YET!  I have the just relest LG Optimus m+ and really Nice phone. if i have to wait anlonger i may have to use the other guys app. I dont want to but iam loosing sales Because of this.

Login to Me Too

first_response
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just wanted to comment/ recommend that the iOS versions of paypal here really needs the print receipt functionality that the android based version has (the android print receipt options is very difficult I cannot get my phone to connect with printers as easily as iOS airprint)

To preface this we currently us a Nurit portable card reader which is basically an all in one thermal printer card scanner.

I've been playing around with paypal here on both android and iOS devices and would love to only use paypal as my sole payment system (it would provide and instant $1500/year savings in fix cost not to mention the lower transaction fees) however it is lacking in one main area which is the printing receipt.

It comes down to 2 reasons:

#1.  Acceptance of paypal here as a legitimate form of payment. 

#2.  To speed up processing customers at the POS.

Customers expect a printed receipt.  The printed receipt at the POS to my customers legitimizes the transaction.  I'm noticing that the text/ email receipt option causes my customer to cringe and slows the process down because now I need to hand my device over to them which depending on their familiarity with the device can a very slow process (mistyped phone #'s and emails) Which then in turn snowballs the entire payment line for all other customers in my queue.

Also a interface specifically for the ipad would be nice.  I find that customers have issues signing on such small devices such as the iPhone 4S or other cellular phones.  A larger interface allows the customers to sign with ease however the pixelization of the iPhone translation to iPad is a downer and does not provide the clean look I would like my customer to experience (which comes back down to customer acceptance of paypal here as a legitimate payment option)

But the main point is the print receipt function.  Please get this implemented.

Login to Me Too

bookmark1
Contributor
Contributor

I went out and bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone when Paypal said that the Paypal Here card reader was available. After 3 phone calls to tech support I find out that Paypal Here is incompatible with the new S3. Is this right? I have now gone and gotten the Square Up card reader and it works fine. When is Paypal Here going to be available on the S3? You are about to lose a Paypal and eBay customer since 1998. This is a terrible way to launch a new product.

Login to Me Too

digital312
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have been using my PayPal Here with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus for a few weeks, well Saturday I jumped ship and went to AT&T and got the Galaxy S3 and the Paypal Here app says its not compatible when I plug the reader into the headphone jack.  

This **bleep**!  I'm sure it's just app related and PayPal needs to get on the ball and get this fixed with an update!!  I mean Samsung has only sold 10 million of these phones worldwide!  

Login to Me Too

VacayCustoms
New Community Member

What model number was your Nexus?? I have a Nexus i515 and it won't work with it for some reason.

Login to Me Too

OscarSr
Contributor
Contributor
I KNOW I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT VENDOR YOU WENT TO ?? I WANT A CARD READER TOO, BUT I WANT ONE THAT WORKS, I OWN A STORE MYSELF nd I can't afford to buy the machine I need in order to be able to accept plastic, I think if ALL OF US, THAT'S BEEN DENIED A CREDIT CARD BUT STILL WANT BETTER ACCESS TO OUR MONEY, SO let's ask PAY PAL TO BE OUR PAL THAT WE KNOW WE CAN TRUST TO HAVE OUR BEST INTERESTS IN MIND AND SHOW US ALL THAT YOU REALLY ARE OUR PAL, AND IF NOT CHANGE YOUR NAME FROM PayPal to we will pay who wants to pay us to use yourPal money, how's that PayPal change name to PayPail, PayPail because if our money is in a pail, and whoever wants our money has to pay PAYPAIL RIGHT NOT PayPal you are only Interested in maki.g PAYPALS POCKET FULL, TAKE FRPM THE POOR AND Give to PayPal,
Login to Me Too

aaexpert
Contributor
Contributor

It works with s1,s2, and now the most popular phone, s3 it DOESNT!???  This phone is Worldwide and has been out for MONTHS now, as far as im concerned this is unacceptable!  When a competitor can do something that you cant that means big problems and needs to be fixed asap, not MONTHS later.  At a MINIMUM there should be a release date given so 10 million owners know they dont have to shop elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

concerneduser
New Community Member

Hi Paypal

Have you got an eta for the PayPal Here App to be working on the largest selling Android handset ever - The Samsung Galaxy S3.

I have recently changed over the S3 from an iPhone 4 that worked so am very irritated to find that PayPal Here App is not supported by the Galaxy S3.

Please explain where the fault falls as I am unsure if this is an Android, Samsung or PayPal issue.

Thank you

Concerned PayPal'er

Login to Me Too

bdsc
New Community Member

The name of a phone model alone is not sufficient. Every provider has a customized version of the various phones with differing levels of "company specific" add-ons and removals. The bottom line is that there may be something on the AT&T version that is either added on or taken off which prevents the attachment of the PayPal Here card reader.

I personally had to go back to an older phone to get it to work. That said the Galaxy S III works great on Sprint.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.