Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

bookmark1
Contributor
Contributor

Can you tell me when Paypal Here is going to be compatible with the Galaxy S3 which I purchased so that I could use this card reader?

Login to Me Too

first_response
Contributor
Contributor

bookmark they wont tell you but you can look at this link on compatable android devices.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-here-compatible-devices

Login to Me Too

countrycharm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have installed the app and my reader is on the way, well 2 readers actually, one for my assistant and one for me. My question or probably a suggestion for the app developers is to be able to organize the items list. Alphabetically or numerically?  Or grab and position where we would like them to be? I want to input over 200 items with pictures of all my inventory. Click the item or items and make the sale. I am hoping later when I process the sale that a detailed invoice will show up in my paypal account with customer info as well and what they bought. It would make my bookkeeping very easy! Is this something that is an option or soon to be? I am thrilled Paypal is offering Paypal Here now as it streamlines all my business activities and makes my life more simple. Thanks!

Carol

Login to Me Too

sassandbling

I am hoping for the same thing!  THIS would set Paypal apart from Square

Login to Me Too

CookbookLady
Contributor
Contributor

I am pleased to be a part of the Paypal Here trial here in Australia, however there are a few issues I would like to see fixed.

1. Here in Australia, most credit cards no longer have a 'swipe' , they have a chip instead. Can we have a separate 'plug in' for chip cards. My customers so far have been suspicious of the card scan function and think signing is a bit prehistoric which brings me to point 2....

2. Most card readers ask for a pin now rather than a signature. Can we have a keypad to enter a pin instead of the signing function.

3. Paypal gives you the option to enter an email address and password or a mobile phone number and pin. How do you set up the pin? I cant find anything in the menu.

Login to Me Too

axnman
Contributor
Contributor

You are probably a nice lady, but paypal just **bleep** and finaly today I had it. I am cancelling my account after many years and going with Payoneer people.

I will not explain what happen today, cuase I don't care if you "improve" your service. Paypal is turning bad to worst and more people will migrate to new systems on the net like Payoneer and others.

Have a great day.

Login to Me Too

axnman
Contributor
Contributor

BTW: just read the forum to see how many people are not happy with PP. What are you going to do abou it? Are the top PP people really that **bleep**? Just read the forum !       It's insane! Don't you learn?

Login to Me Too

first_response
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just wanted to comment/ recommend that the iOS versions of paypal here really needs the print receipt functionality that the android based version has (the android print receipt options is very difficult I cannot get my phone to connect with printers as easily as iOS airprint)

To preface this we currently us a Nurit portable card reader which is basically an all in one thermal printer card scanner.

I've been playing around with paypal here on both android and iOS devices and would love to only use paypal as my sole payment system (it would provide and instant $1500/year savings in fix cost not to mention the lower transaction fees) however it is lacking in one main area which is the printing receipt.

It comes down to 2 reasons:

#1.  Acceptance of paypal here as a legitimate form of payment. 

#2.  To speed up processing customers at the POS.

Customers expect a printed receipt.  The printed receipt at the POS to my customers legitimizes the transaction.  I'm noticing that the text/ email receipt option causes my customer to cringe and slows the process down because now I need to hand my device over to them which depending on their familiarity with the device can a very slow process (mistyped phone #'s and emails) Which then in turn snowballs the entire payment line for all other customers in my queue.

Also a interface specifically for the ipad would be nice.  I find that customers have issues signing on such small devices such as the iPhone 4S or other cellular phones.  A larger interface allows the customers to sign with ease however the pixelization of the iPhone translation to iPad is a downer and does not provide the clean look I would like my customer to experience (which comes back down to customer acceptance of paypal here as a legitimate payment option)

But the main point is the print receipt function.  Please get this implemented.

Login to Me Too

CookbookLady
Contributor
Contributor

I am pleased to be a part of the Paypal Here trial here in Australia, however there are a few issues I would like to see fixed.

1. All of the  credit cards I have been presented with no longer have a 'swipe' , they have an imbedded chip instead. Can we have a separate 'plug in' for chip cards. My customers so far have been suspicious of the card scan function and think signing is a bit prehistoric which brings me to point 2....

2. Most card readers ask for a pin now rather than a signature. Can we have a keypad to enter a pin instead of the signing function.

3. Paypal gives you the option to enter an email address and password or a mobile phone number and pin. How do you set up the pin? I cant find anything in the menu.

Login to Me Too

bluedot

I am a "newbie" to this account but have used PayPal for years.  I sing their praises.  I have nothing bad to say. Just good.  Thank you PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.