Dispute to Claim, does it actually work?

Peach-y
New Community Member

I ordered an item as a birthday present for someone through a trusted website that I have used often in the past. However, this time, they sent me the wrong item (first time for me as a buyer, but happens regularly for other customers, I hear). I contacted their support and told them. They told me to refund the wrong item before they could ship me the right item. But I already opened it and they told me there was nothing else they could do. I asked for a refund and while I paid $75 (with shipping), they only offered $20 in refund. I put in a dispute and then escalated it to a claim after the other party refused to cooperate. I have been sending them emails to come to a resolution, but they delay their responses and clearly do not wish to issue me a full refund or at the very least, send me the right package.

My question is: if I do manage to win this case, does PayPal actually give me a full refund? I ask because what if there is no money in the seller's PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi Peach-y!

Hello and thank you for joining the PayPal Community Help Forums!  I sincerely apologize that you did not receive a response from the community, and hope that your concerns have since been resolved.  In any dispute that closes in your favor as a buyer, you would receive a full refund regardless of the status of the seller's account, although in some situations we may ask you to send the item back to the merchant at your cost.  

If you still have any questions or need assistance, the best way to reach our customer service is by following the “Contact” link at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.   They will be more than happy to help!

Thank you again and feel free to browse and continue to participate in the forums!

Cheers,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.