wow paypal....

tattedupmike
Contributor
Contributor

so i noticed new competition pop up on ebay and i decide to put my store on sale to keep business flowing. 9k in sales last month and i got a little behind on orders, a few open cases from late shipping. I get a message from ebay that my account is limited and to ship my items and send them a message once thats done. 2 seconds after that i get an email from paypal saying my account is limited. i upload tracking to paypal and give them my company information since i am the manufacturer of the products i sell. a few days later i get a message that they want to part ways in a manner that wont disrupt my business. Somehow that involves locking up almost 4k in money and telling me they wont release it for 180 days. well i have 200 dollars in my pocket and bills due in a few days so i call them up and they give me a run around and that i can escalate it again so i can pay my bills and keep my family off the street. 20 minutes later and they decline it. so on top of not having my money that is rightfully mine, by them keeping the money locked up i wont be able to pay my ebay fees on top of that so i will eventually be banned from that. way to destroy a business when a stern warning would have helped me fix my errors.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

MRHollingsworth
Contributor
Contributor

So Simular issue

I Have had paypal ACCOUNT for over 13 years and I have never had as much trouble till the last year! No matter what I do they keep holding my sales funds!

I have called many times and get different answers! Also another problem is I purchased some items and without knowing payment went through using pay at delivery and then payment did not go through when they said and I now had negative balance I have tried for the last two days to resolve this issue by adding funds from bank account debit card. And it keeps coming back saying CANT ADD MORE THAN YOU OWE! AND I ENTER THE EXACT amount owed! AND I KEEP TRYING TO PRINT SHIPPING LABEL for ITEM I SOLD and I CANT because I have negative Balance and they are holding my funds for this SALE! THIS IS BULL SH@#! and is causing shipping delay on ebay and will ruin my rep on ebay!

If I had a choice I would most definitely use another payment method BUT WE I HAVE NO CHOICE! Brettlyholly on ebay

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MRHollingsworth, I read how one resolves a negative balance in FAQs and you need to use bank account, not debit or credit card.

These are the steps to resolve negative balances according to FAQs:

Click Add Funds near the top of the page.
Click Add funds from a U.S. bank account.
Select your bank account (if you have more than one).
Enter the amount you want to transfer and click Continue.
Review the transfer details and click Submit.

As for the hold on sales, that will happen for a while until PayPal releases your account from the hold program upon review.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MRHollingsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Takes 3 to 5 days need done now.

Login to Me Too

MRHollingsworth
Contributor
Contributor

And did I say I dont know how? No I said its not working.

Login to Me Too

MRHollingsworth
Contributor
Contributor

And Paypal what else did I say?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MRHollingsworth wrote:

And Paypal what else did I say?

Look here, I know you're in a bad spot and all but I'm not the one.  Transfers take time, sometimes the site is wacked out.  I don't maintain the site, not staff.  I post here enough to get this ranking.  Sheesh.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ef1465
Contributor
Contributor

I opened up the Paypal Business account in March/ April of 2016, And I have to say, using their logo on my website as a means for payment, has back fired for me HORRIBLY!!!

I understand PAYPAL places money in Reserve for each of the transactions, in the event there should be an issue of some kind.  Well, currently Paypal has OVER $5000 of my money in "THIS ROLLING RESERVE account".  

You do not get these so called "ROLLING RESERVE funds" realeased for up to 60 DAYS!!!  

Now, to me this is ludicrous; I guess the Vendors I use for all of my equipment purchases will understand, if I asked them to wait for their payments for 60 Days!  ALL IN FAVOR, PLEASE RAISE YOUR HANDS!!!  

I recently had to refund nearly $1,600 back to a client because of the customer cancelling an order, due to family issues. Perfectly understandle, and I obliged just as soon as they asked, BECAUSE this is what I do WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE of Paypal, I do not need your assistance with ANYTHING I do in my life.  I know the difference between right and wrong, as well as, HOW TO BE A GOOD PERSON!!! 

I told you that on the telephone, when PAYPAL representatives felt the need to call me 4 times in one week, back in April/ May of this year, because of the amount of money my NEW company was generating!!! 

Well, anyway, I am really trying to make this as short as possible, NOT!  

I issue the client their refund, AND LOW AND BEHOLD - Paypal DOES NOT USE THE FUNDS IN MY ROLLING RESERVE, OH NO! They took it upon themselves to access my bank of america small business account, and withdraw the funds from there instead.

NOW I AM OVERDRAWN due to their negligence, and I am being hit with Insufficient fund fees.  WHICH, ME BEING THE SMART **bleep** THAT I AM - I will allow to accumulate NOW, BECAUSE I HAVE EVER INTENTION OF HAVING PAYPAL PAY ALL OF THEM, AND THEN SOME!!!!

I Specifically asked for the return to be used out of the rolling reserve, I was advised this is okay.  Well then, why were the funds removed from my BANK ACCOUNT???!!!!

I have been trying to close my PAYPAL account for 4 months now; My responses from THE PAYPAL BRAINS THAT BE IS; "as long as there are funds in my rolling reserve, I cannot close my account!"  NEWS FLASH MORONS!!!! THIS IS MY FRIGGIN MONEY!!!!  I WORK HARD FOR IT!!! Send it to me so I can be done with you once and for all!!!!!

I hope the Better Business Bureau has contacted you again, Because I plan on taking this MATTER as far as I can go NOW!!!

See, all you had to do was release MY money, AND none of this would ever have come to fruition!!  Well, live and learn.

I for the life of me DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS ORGANIZATION IS PERMITTED TO OPERATE IN THIS MANNER!!!!   I cannot believe I am stuck using this company due to the fact that 75-80% of my clients use paypal...

I hope that I am not the only person dealing with these morons!!!  SPEAK UP PEOPLE...  I would not be surprised if this post is deleted by paypal - that would go to show me they truly are hiding their real selves!!!

Unregards,

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.