There's no way for me to contact PayPal after being locked out of my account??

timinycricket
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what happened:

I just tried upgrading my personal account to a business account. I got a message of something with this line: "We're sorry. Based on the information you provided you aren't eligible for PayPal Here."

Okay, sure, whatever. It logged me out in the process and when I tried to log back in, it kept telling me "Sorry, we can't log you in. If you think there's a problem with your account, contact us and we'll help resolve it." (Note: if I enter the wrong password, it shows a different message).

Okay,.. fine, maybe something is wrong with my password? I try to reset it. No dice, says they're having trouble on their end or something, doesn't let me reset.

Okay... I click contact us link. Leads me to a page to try and log in. Again, can't log in, so I go to the contact us as a guest option. I call the number they have there, and then they ask me to verify with my mobile phone PIN. I never set one up so I have no idea what my mobile phone PIN is.

And then, I couldn't even post on the forum (had to use my other account) because I COULDN'T LOG IN. 

I'm so frustrated right now that I can't even contact PayPal to ask how to get into my account because every path is a dead end. I just spent like 2 hours trying to figure out how to contact them. This is ridiculous.. Am I doing something wrong??

EDIT: I am now trying to contact them through Twitter. No offense, but this is a horrendous system if I have to go through a social media to get help with my account -.-x

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

timinycricket
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response, bu t I've already tried everything in the contact link, as I stated in my original post. The only "helpful" thing from that contact link is a phone number, which I called and can't access my account because I don't know my mobile pin number. I never set one up, so I have no idea how to get into my account. The other links in the contact section all require a log in. Which I can't do.

At this point I'm just gonna wait and see if I can get a reply from Twitter.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Mannnnn, this is why I don't use that mobile phone confirmation feature.  More trouble than it is.  Email and a good password.  Log in at site or app, no problem.  Log out when not using.

Can you log in via computer with email and password.  Then you can go in and set up the PIN only, if you've already added and confirmed mobile number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

timinycricket
Contributor
Contributor

Well I mean the problem is that I can't get into my account in any way to set up the PIN. I cannot log in. I also never set up a PIN so I don't know how they expect me to give a PIN when I didn't set one up.....

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

He  is suggesting you to go to a PC and try logging in

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.