Improvements to the Shipping Label Tool

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

There are some exciting new changes coming in the next few weeks and months!

We are replacing our current shipping label tool for another that can save you time and money.

Over the next few weeks, PayPal will be directing customers to a new and improved tool for creating shipping labels. 

The new PayPal tool is powered by eBay and very similar to the current one, but it is easier to use and comes with added advantages, including extra service options, and USPS shipping rates that are up to 32.5% less than what you pay now.  You can read all about the benefits in the new tool’s FAQs

What Do I Need to Do?

Nothing right now.  Just be aware that starting March 27, 2012, when you go to create a shipping label, you may be automatically directed to use the new PayPal tool.

How Does the Shipping Label Tool Work?

Working with the new tool should be easy and very similar to the one you use now.  If you do need help, these FAQs, demos, and tutorials are right there to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming improvements! If you have any questions that aren't covered in the resources linked above, please feel free to post them here. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi LazyDaisy,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The rollout was started on the 27th and the changes are being rolled out to all members over the coming weeks.

From the eBay Shipping Label tutorial:

"The following U.S. Postal Service options are available:

1. Domestic Services: Priority Mail, Express Mail, First Class Mail Parcel, Media Mail, and Parcel Post.
  2. International Services: Express Mail International and Priority Mail International."

The USPS website also does not support paying and printing First Class International labels but I believe the USPS Shipping Assistant allows you to print a label.  First Class Mail International would still have to be paid at the post office.

CORRECTION: The new shipping tool will allow First Class Mail International labels to be printed.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Mmd389
Contributor
Contributor

Will you be able to print first class international labels with the new shipping tool? There was a single day a few months ago when my paypal had a completely different interface, and there were new shipping options that had never been available to me (like first class international), and the interface was extremely user friendly.. I was sooo delighted with the changes, and then the next day they were gone, and my paypal was exactly as it had been. Was that a beta/demo I was experiencing? When can I expect to be switched to the new shipping tool? I'm eager to see the improvements. 

Login to Me Too

Alturus
Contributor
Contributor

I have read on ebay link below, that paypal is offering tracking on first class international package, is this true? here is link, scroll down to top tips, if so is it  only thru paypal, thanks

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/shipping/bestpractices.html

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Welcome back to the forums, Alturus! Nice to have you back. 🙂

You're correct - delivery confirmation for First Class International is only available online through eBay shipping or the new PayPal shipping label tool.

You'll also have access to quite a lot of other shipping options! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

blackbirdnc
Contributor
Contributor

Is it just me, or is this confusing?  I sell on Etsy, and need to have First Class International shipping available. 

What will be the effect of this new shipping tool for someone like me, who sells on Etsy?  Will this limit my shipping ability?  Will the new tool be available to me, or will my account have to run through Ebay, even though I am in no way affiliated with them?  Will First Class International shipping be available to Etsy sellers?

The previous answer to the question from a non-Ebay seller was not clear, and left me even more confused.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi blackbirdnc, and welcome to the forums! 🙂

Currently the migration to the new shipping tool is specifically for eBay transactions. Exciting changes are always in the works at PayPal, and the new shipping tool may soon become available for non-eBay sales as well. Stay tuned to the PayPal Community forums, the PayPal website, and the PayPal blog for announcements about other new products and services as they become available!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm completely confused now. While I do have an Ebay account and do sell an item here and there, 99% of my sales volume is through a Paypal merchant account with hosted buttons on my own website. In the debacle that occured last year with a sudden cutover to the Ebay shipping platform, I was finally able to use MOS and had access to all the features that came with the Ebay Shipping platform. I thought ALL ebay transactions had access to that platform now and that Paypal was finally bringing it back to Paypal merchants as well. I want access to a MOS that actually works. My productivity is at all all time low while my shipping volume is at an all time high.

Olivia, are you SURE you know that this is going to be limited to Ebay transactions? I thought those users had this functionality already. What about the merchants that process hundreds of thousands of dollars that are NOT ebays. **bleep** eBay.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi brewhardware,

You're correct that all eBay members can currently use eBay shipping. To do this, the label is purchased and printed from the eBay platform. With the changeover from the current PayPal shipping label solution to the improved one, the purchase of labels from the PayPal platform will be upgraded to include the new features as well. Currently this applies to eBay purchases only. As further improvements are made, we hope to make the improved features more widely available.

We remember the experience you describe from last year, and we've learned from it. The feedback we received during that change was extremely helpful in preventing similar challenges in the present and future. We've still got our ears open, and invite feedback about the experiences you and our other customers have with the new shipping label tool.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

bear-in-texas
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to print the label with out the instructions printing? My label forms have 2 labels on each page and the instructions print on top of my second label, which ruins it! 

Login to Me Too

Spiderwrulf
Contributor
Contributor

There is a section that you can choose to Only Print the Postage without a reciept.  That would Not print the instructions.  

Also, I have found that I did not have the settings proper in my Paypal account.  With the proper settings you can print postage from you Paypal account Without having sold something on eBay.

If you click on your Profile on the top right section on your PayPal account, then click on "My Selling Tools"

Go to the bottom and click update next Shipping Preferences. Look for Display Ship button

and update accordingly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.