Improvements to the Shipping Label Tool

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

There are some exciting new changes coming in the next few weeks and months!

We are replacing our current shipping label tool for another that can save you time and money.

Over the next few weeks, PayPal will be directing customers to a new and improved tool for creating shipping labels. 

The new PayPal tool is powered by eBay and very similar to the current one, but it is easier to use and comes with added advantages, including extra service options, and USPS shipping rates that are up to 32.5% less than what you pay now.  You can read all about the benefits in the new tool’s FAQs

What Do I Need to Do?

Nothing right now.  Just be aware that starting March 27, 2012, when you go to create a shipping label, you may be automatically directed to use the new PayPal tool.

How Does the Shipping Label Tool Work?

Working with the new tool should be easy and very similar to the one you use now.  If you do need help, these FAQs, demos, and tutorials are right there to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming improvements! If you have any questions that aren't covered in the resources linked above, please feel free to post them here. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

Indian-Maid
Contributor
Contributor

Hope this gets fixed ASAP for you because around here there are signs up that the USPS will now only accept forms filled in online, not hand-written.  Seems pretty silly, but that also seems to be the new normal - and it isn't a good one.

Login to Me Too

Indian-Maid
Contributor
Contributor

I am often on the road when I check for orders and money in the Paypal account.  I NEED to be able to save the labels to flash drive so I can print them when I get back to the shop, WHERE THERE IS NO INTERNET POSSIBLE.  So far, I haven't been able to get this to happen.  If I've missed something in methods, please educate me.  If not, please fix this!  I don't have this on any other site.  If I opt to print from ebay, it's easy to save said label.  But we sell on many sites.  It can't be that hard to fix, so ASAP is the needed time line.  Thanks for fixing this 'now'!

Login to Me Too

bear-in-texas
Contributor
Contributor

International shipping forms problems: I have been using the ebay shipping label printing for some time with no problems. Now I have tried the PayPal shipping. The US shipping labels appear to work ok for me on PayPal.  However, the international customs labels do not.  First, it will not do an International First Class forms, only the Priority & Express USPS mail forms.  Most of mine are the First Class.  When I tried the Priority Mail, it did the form but would not print the form. It said I needed a newer version of JAVA. ( I have an older Mac that will not run that version of JAVA.) On eBay, the First Class International works fine.  Is there any hope for me using International shipping forms? 

After reading anothers response suggesting going to The Post Office web site and using their click & ship, I did it:  

www.usps.com

After learning how to use it, I was able to print a Priority Mail International form and pay with PayPal. 

Lesson learned, skip PayPal mailing and go to the post office. Next time I will probably use a credit card so PP does not get to much more of my money. They get a lot now. 

Login to Me Too

brewhardware
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@bear-in-texas wrote:

... Most of mine are the First Class.  When I tried the Priority Mail, it did the form but would not print the form. It said I needed a newer version of JAVA. ( I have an older Mac that will not run that version of JAVA.) On eBay, the First Class International works fine.  Is there any hope for me using International shipping forms? 

Customers certainly like the lower price of first class mail but I don't see Paypal supporting first class international any time soon. Do any of you actually call and complain about it? I call about once a week. It's cool to use this board as a place to vent, but I don't think anyone at Paypal that can make any difference actually reads these. They are too busy calling merchants to push their line of credit service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.